Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

QMC Tasks: Tree view of task chain

Anonymous
Not applicable

QMC Tasks: Tree view of task chain

Current QMC Tasks list only allows for seeing the preceding and following tasks of a specific task.

A tree view would be more helpful.

If there is an app for this the idea can be closed.

16 Comments
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered
phima
Contributor II
Contributor II

This looks fantastic. Any plans to bring this to QlikSense for Windows?

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

Qlik Application Automation is a SaaS based feature set, no current plans to backport to the Windows environment

Thanks

Ian

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@Ian_Crosland  Are we really talking about the same thing here...?

I believe the (very valid) suggestion was about visualising how existing tasks are chained together. Maybe in a tree structure, maybe using some other visualisation type.

Qlik Application Automation is - as far as I understand - about setting up reload chains in Qlik SaaS. Some basic level of visual coding needed to do this. As much as I really like Qlik Automation, more programming skills are needed to set up task chaining there compared to older QV and QS products. 
Not a problem per se, but it's not super trivial. The linked tutorial is very useful though!

But then again - we could really use a task visualisation built into good ol' on-premise Sense too...

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

Check my solution and vote up the idea. Would like to have similar in the STD Reloads Monitors

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/New-taskchains-sheet-ide-for-Reloads-Monitor-std/idi-p...

miha_pucelj1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, 

I'm supporting the idea of "Task Tree Visualisation" 110% in client-Managed Environments. 

In case of Large Enterprise Environment I just cannot imagine how to migrate and recreate several hundred tasks with a lot of parallelism currently running in QlikView on multi node Publisher environment via existing QMC's task console. 

I support development in cloud world but the large environments will stay on premise for a long(er) time and development of client-managed QlikSense should continue in order to be able to switch from QV to QS completely.