Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

QMC: When app is copied show new name in popup

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QMC: When app is copied show new name in popup

When you copy an app in the QMC you get a green popup that sais "app was copied".

PROBLEM: Very often you have a team with multiples copies of an app: App (1), App (2), App (4). When one of those copies was deleted earlier (3) the new copy will fill that gap and you have to check for creation date to find your latest copy.

I know that this is not best practice, but I face this problem with nearly all my clients on a daily basis.

SOLUTION: The green popup should display the name of the new app. E.g.: "App (3) was copied".

Tags (2)
4 Comments
millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This would be super helpful. Even better if that new app name was a link that I could just open in a new window!

Since we have multiple dev teams and QSEoW does not yet have shared streams, the only way to open up another app to see how something was done is to copy to Work and we end up with all sorts of copies and it can be hard to find the right one.

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - In Development
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived