Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

QSE SaaS Reload Frequency

AaronYoung
Employee
Employee

QSE SaaS Reload Frequency

The Reload Schedule settings in Qlik Sense SaaS will only let a user schedule reloads at hourly intervals - nothing less.  To achieve a more frequent reload schedule a customer needs to use APIs or install additional software (Qlik Data Transfer).  

It would be great to have the option to set a reload schedule at 15mins or 30mins intervals via the Reload Schedule settings in Qlik Sense SaaS.

3 Comments
s-puddle
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Please can you prioritise this idea. We are trying to move an on prem app to SaaS and the 1 hour reload time is not frequent enough as we are presenting current inpatient numbers

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

A couple of notes...

1. You can already trigger reloads more often than hourly using the APIs. You can either have an external tool (PowerShell & Windows scheduler - whatever), Qlik DataTransfer or a set of apps in SaaS with different reload intervals that then trigger other apps as appropriate. Of course this is a workaround, but it is possible... you can also create some task chaining this way.
  2. When Automation comes along (very soon) you'll be able to trigger reloads more often as well as build simple & complex task chaining and lots of other stuff.

So there's a workaround for now and new features coming soon.

That said, I'd still like to see better "native" scheduling - i.e. not using Automation which is a little heavy for simple scheduling. 

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @AaronYoung getting back to you on this Idea as with Qlik Application Automation we did delivered the ability to run schedules more frequently and you can control this via the API. The Standard scheduler does not have it in the UI yet but you can use the reload API. So I'm calling it partially delivered and we will continue to look at the option to allow for more fine grain reloads as part of the default scheduler.

//Thomas

Status changed to: Partially Delivered