Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Qlik SaaS - Download DataFiles to local computer should be possible.. (a must)

Florentin74
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik SaaS - Download DataFiles to local computer should be possible.. (a must)

We are a Qlik Partner delivering/delveloping Qlik Cloud Solutions to end-user-customers. 

When performing ETL in the cloud, we use apps for extraction and apps for transformation when they reload they store data in the datafiles area... But I can be a bit slow to work in the cloud compared to a Qlik Sense desktop on your pc or our Qlik Sense Server. What we need to be able to do is to have a clone of the datafiles and apps on either our local computer or on our own enterprise Sense server when developing. This is a must... The cloud is simply too slow to work on. One should be able to download files from the datafiles areas, either mark them with check marks and then get a zip file or something..  

Another problem with only working with a transform app in the cloud is, that if you mess up a join or something that takes all resources from the cpu or ram we cannot know this?? We cannot monitor it...

For every ones sake, I think this must be possible... It will also remove CPU and RAM usage from the cloud to local computers or servers.. 🙂 ... 

A solution could be this :

- If it was possible to import a "Api key" from the Cloud into Qlik Sense desktop to make a secure connection to the cloud from Sense Desktop. Then from Sense Desktop one could get access to all the DataFiles and download and upload as one pleases... 

Regards,

Anders

26 Comments
Florentin74
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I have logged a case in the support portal about this also 🙂  Case: 02088418

SimonBall
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I agree.  Sometimes you come to work on a cloud and there is a lonely file there which a QVF is importing to get some data, measures, or code for variables etc...and no one at the client has a copy of the original file.   Would be extremely useful to be able to export the file to local PC, add a couple of rows and then push it back.

When I set up new clients, I tend to get them to use a window server with Qlik Data Transfer and have folders in a share on there for all the files I use in apps, so that I won't cause this problem for a.n. other Qlik dev down the line.

So perhaps exporting specific files could be a future feature of QDT..to bring them back down from the cloud to solve to OP problem?

blednyi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, Any solutions ideas yet? 

diegobormann
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Just a simple scenario with uploading an Excel file with budget data that you want to change (and download first) and upload again is now not possible. Yes please allow the option to (bulk) export datafiles (but also apps!) would be awesome. Also, bulk removing datafiles (instead of single doing every file) would be awesome for housekeeping.

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

2000% should be URGENTLY solved !

Any decent projects for sure has some sattelite configuring and/or budgeting files ... Yes, it could be in OneDrive/GoogleDrive/Dropbox/etc, but why should we have something more complicate, when we could have it simple !? (Remember the old SAFE slogan: simplying analytics for everyone !)

At least in the QMC, where the apps can be downloaded, shouldn't be so hard to have also an option to download also the other resources !

Tx

EdwinQuarlesvanUfford
Contributor
Contributor

Hard to believe that downloading data sets/files isn't possible yet.

Roger11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Any update about this? This looks like not possible yet. Any idea if it is going to be possible?

Thanks

Qlik Cloud 

chris-s
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

We're also Qlik Partner and I have customers asking about the Cloud offerings and if the data can be exported again.

It seems like a bad idea to not have this functionality, because there is no way to audit or validate the underlying data.

Chris

rob_insley
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I agree this would be extremely useful.  Currently you have to keep an offline copy of any excel files being used for data load as once uploaded you cannot modify  or view in Excel without a local copy

jsebrightbme
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

This is very much needed. The ability to download > edit > upload a spreadsheet or script file, seems to be really basic but very lacking.

Should take priority over constant interface tweaking that adds little to no functionality.