Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS | SAP Connectors | SNC enablement is a mandatory feature

d_hobler
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS | SAP Connectors | SNC enablement is a mandatory feature

Hi folks,

unfortunately we've realised, that the option to enable SAP SNC (Secure Network Communication) for the SAP Connectors on Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS are only placeholders and it is technically NOT possible to setup an encrypted connection to any SAP system. In my understanding this missing feature would prevent us and all our customers in using the SAP connectors in Qlik SaaS, because a unencrypted connection from a cloud to a on-premise SAP ERP won't be approved at all.

The packages can be easily sniffed and allowing unencrypted communications to a mission critical ERP system would open it for a lot of vuneralbillities to the ERP gateways. 

Please consider adding this feature to the Qlik connectors on SaaS, otherwise I am afraid they are pretty useless.

Thanks!

Best,

David

2 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived