Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Qlik Sense KPI actions on click

mlehtola
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense KPI actions on click

Qlik Sense KPI object already has action to move to a different sheet in application. Also Qlik Sense has Button object that has the ability to set variables and make selections. 

KPI object should have the same capability to trigger actions on click. Users are already familiar that clicking KPI can trigger  sheet navigation so it would be beneficial to add the same actions types found in button to KPI object.

It is very common dashboard design technique to trigger actions based on KPI click. For examples changing the measures in chart to use the selected KPI. This would help dashboard design a lot because now we either need to use button for selections or 3rd party extensions for KPIs.

12 Comments
t_donnet
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hey,

just thinking about this. 

A client would like this feature. When we click the KPI, a bookmark is applied. 

The action feature is recently added everywhere, but missing in the KPI.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I have a live customer example where this would be useful. Customer has sales by different types i.e. wet/dry/treat/other. I have some KPI objects on the sheet. If I click on the KPI, i'd like to apply a selection of the type of KPI i.e. I have a KPI where sum({<Type={'wet'}>}Sales) on click i want to select Type = Wet to drill into that data. 

jmcy2408
Contributor III
Contributor III

I too would find this very useful, we have many exception reports and dashboards.  These dashboards have several different KPI showing count of records requiring investigation based upon different criteria.  The action here is to then show via a table object the list of records and using the link URL on dimension the user can then open the record within our project manangement tool and make the change instantly.

We currently have a button object above the KPI, controlling a variable input, which in turns adjusts the records showing in the table to those within the selected exception.  

If the KPI itself had actions to control variables, in addition to Bookmarks and Selections as mentioned above, this would be useful and can allow us to remove buttons from the dashboard. 

Its not massive issue for us having both, just believe would look cleaner if the user could select the KPI and the views change rather than a button.

Thanks

John

, currently have a separate button above those to control a variable as the table object below

Gerhard
Contributor II
Contributor II

this would be really useful.

jda_bryan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Upvote. Seems a very intuitive thing to add to add material value to the user experience. 

Richard_Godwin
Contributor
Contributor

This seems to be a fundamental gap between View and sense and makes migrating apps from view to sense very difficult. We have alot of view apps with kpis made up of text boxes, in most cases the obvious and better solution in sense is to use a kpi object but we immediately become blocked with the limited navigation capability of the kpi object. The text object is no better in this regard. The next alternative is the button object but this isnt suitable as there is limited flexibilty with the design as it cant even wrap text. I wish qlik would stop developing whistles and bells and sort out the basic features that are missing.

T-Lambourne
Contributor III
Contributor III

Having a KPI that could apply a bookmark would be very useful

adamjank
Contributor III
Contributor III

Please implement this one

2.5 years ago and still there's no simple KPI object w/ the actions...

adamjank
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Michael_Tarallo @Bastien_Laugiero @Sebastian_Linser @ToniKautto 
May I ask you to share the progress on this one?