Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Qlik Sense - Make themes a user-selectable option

Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Sense - Make themes a user-selectable option

I had a client who wished to view their QS theme in bright colors during the day but also wished to turn on 'Dark mode'. So I created 2 apps with two different themes.

That made me realize - why not bring in the option for users to pick between themes the developer created (optional). That would mean simply allow the name of the theme to be a variable and voila!

Let's give this one some shout out! Shouldn't be difficult to achieve and the outcome would be stunner.

16 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

Cool!

chaper
Creator III
Creator III

Good idea. Inbuilt themes and fonts are a must. Workaround available through custom themes, but should be available as default and users should be able to pick their choice

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

thanks for submitting, this is possible in SaaS below:

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 09.49.02.png

Status changed to: Closed - Already Available
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thank you Ian, Chiperi and Meghann.

I am very happy to see this is now possible!

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I was thinking of this very topic today. It has been flagged as already available ? Designers have always been able to select an app theme in the App Overview, but this is not available for users.

Please @Ian_Crosland can you expand on QSEoW options. The screenshot above looks like the App Overview settings. Thanks.

As an aside, it would be ideal if a theme could be either defaulted across a QSEoW stream or QS SaaS space, or be selectable by the end user.

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi @AndrewMcIlwrick , yes the response was in the context of the app overview where themes can be changed within an app which is the current option.

Thanks

Ian

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thanks @Ian_Crosland please can you confirm if it is only the app designer who can amend the app settings - which is the case for QSEoW.

What I was going to look for originally, as per Stoyan's idea was to allow any app user ( professional or analyzer ) ; published or personal stream - to have access to change the theme. This is available on so many corporate, mobile apps and external websites.

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Yes thats correct only the app designer has rights to change the theme of the app from the dropdown as it is currently hard wired to the app and will change for all users

Thanks

Ian

Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Ian ,

Thanks to @AndrewMcIlwrick  I recalled this topic now.

Indeed, the end users don't have the option to change the theme for themselves which was the initial point.

Can we please reopen the idea?

The designer could change the themes before too so I am not sure what was changed. Probably this option was missing in SAAS and is now added?

Kind regards,

Stoyan

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback