Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Qlik sense intellisense - less the "intelli"

markp201
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik sense intellisense - less the "intelli"

Just lose this feature.  One of the biggest pains.  Just about every IDE gives the ability to turn this OFF.

Also, why default to CamelCase on keywords ???   Look awful and makes reading scripts a pain

Just turn it all off and let me do my work.

Tags (2)
14 Comments
dgreene40011
Contributor
Contributor

Long time QlikView developer and relatively new to Qlik Sense - this "feature" drives me crazy. Especially at the end of rows when I press ";".

Please give us the option to disable. Why is this not on the roadmap?

fzalexanderjohn
Creator
Creator

I agree. It is often more than an annoyance than a help.

stephenfr
Contributor II
Contributor II

I agree, I find this feature utterly annoying. Constantly having to cancel or undo the inserted suggestions.

People have been complaining about this since 2016!

It's really time that you allow developers to simply turn it off, or at least explain us how we can break this function in the browser ourselves.

Please fix this, it should not be that hard and would make a lot of developers very happy.

KingsleyJH
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Phase 1: let us disable this feature completely

Phase 2: allow us to choose what prompts we want. Examples:

A: No one wants a prompt after ';'     - this makes no sense

B: Allow us to choose if the suggestions are all lower case or camel case or upper case.

C: Allow us to choose if we want a word completion prompt or an intellisense prompt (eg, we have already typed 'Load' but then get a prompt for distinct).

I think most devs will agree with me when I say, we just want an autocomplete for singular words to make sure we type field names, table names and functions correctly (and view the syntax of the function so we know how to use it). Other than that, I think we'll be fine