Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

QlikSense Folders inside Apps

luisccmm
Creator
Creator

QlikSense Folders inside Apps

After using qlik sense since 2 years, I found out that I have around 50-100 sheets just in one app on avg depending on the APP. Is quite complicated to have those sheets organized, and will be quite handy if a Folder functionality inside an app is available.

PLEASE!!!

38 Comments
federerman
Contributor III
Contributor III

Any update on this topic?  As our organization's adoption of Qlik has grown, we now have several apps that have at least 50 community sheets.  It has become for the disparate groups to coexist and play nice in the community.  They are resorting to colored icons on the sheets, or sheet prefixes to sort alphabetically...

It'd be great to have folders/subfolders in the community sheet section, such that a user could choose which section they'd like to publish the sheet.  Or at least the app owner could move and rearrange these sheets.

Thanks for creating a wonderful product that drives value at our organization!

-Ken Krehbiel

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi all,

first of all I apologise for not getting back to the group sooner. As @Patric_Nordstrom and I mentioned before, this is considered as something we want to do. It is indeed more work than initially expected and while we look into scenarios like this one, we do continue to develop our client as well. Meaning the ability to have charts on your Hub and other capabilities. But the ability to group sheets like you group Apps for instance on an IPhone is still on our list and I wanted to get back to you to say that we continue to look into it but I can't give you a data today. As soon as we have more to share we will let you and everyone else know ASAP.

Best regards,

Thomas

StefanE
Contributor III
Contributor III

An option to group sheets would be highly appreciated!

Godspeed guys👍

Linda1
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

We urgently need this for our customers! Any update?

Olivier_f
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

A folder functionnality to organize sheets would be very helpful. A text search box to find sheets thanks to their title too.

mgore
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on if folder functionality is going to be added in the near future? This would be very helpful since there are many people and many sheets in one app. 

Ben_at_Kohls
Contributor III
Contributor III

We are only a few months into our migration onto Qlik and the lack of sheet organization is one of two issues noted by almost all of our users doing UAT right now. The other one is the difficulty finding the exact master measure needed. The tags feature seems like the obvious solve for that issue but the inability to search on multiple tags at once limits its utility.

QlikCommSa
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Thomas_Hopp is there any update?

kkrehbie
Contributor II
Contributor II

Any updates on this feature?  Our organization is maturing to the point that many functional groups are using the same app and its not uncommon to see 50+ community sheets, all with active use...

federerman
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'd also appreciate an update on this feature.  Our organization is really struggling with this as we have 55 published apps across 16 streams, all with cross-team usage...