Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

SESSION PASS THROUGH for Target end point (Teradata)

rjagirdar
Contributor III
Contributor III

SESSION PASS THROUGH for Target end point (Teradata)

Hello ,

In Replicate, when special characters are present in source and cannot be copied to Target, during CDC the task is failing (Teradata).  Each character has to mentioned  to replace it. This will work out good if we can identify the characters.  Since it is very difficult to identify upfront,

Teradata DBA provided this syntax to use at the client. 

TPT syntax to enable UPT:  VARCHAR UnicodePassThrough = 'ON',

Proposing that in GUI / as additional parameter, user should have capability to provide above parameter so that session pass through can happen.

Also the information about the record should be recorded in log/error table. 

Case # associated with this request: 02193294

Tags (3)
5 Comments
Tony_Mou
Employee
Employee

Talked with SME, SME believe expose TD's attribute TD_CHARSET in TD endpoint may also help ,so either way is fine for this case.

Thanks

Tony 

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank you for the feedback.  We will continue to collect feedback from others as well on this item and may consider for a future release.

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
iti-attunity-sup
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello

Because my client has also expressed their desire to turn on UnicodePassThrough , I support this proposal.

Best Regards
Nakagawa

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived