Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Share apps without publishing to stream

nicolas_gielen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Share apps without publishing to stream

Hi,

We have a lot of users working in self-service mode by creating their own apps in "My Work". They often want to quickly share their newly created apps with other users and they are slowed down by the following factors:

• There is not always a stream available for them to share their new apps, i.e. they don't have publish permission to any stream yet or existing streams are not relevant for their new apps or audience of the stream does not match their new apps.
  • They often want to share their apps with a couple of peers only to share thoughts before publishing to a broader audience, i.e. publishing to an "official" stream.

• Creating a new stream (including access management processes) will take a couple of days and require IT to jump in

Qlik Sense is definitely perceived and used a self-service analytics capability. However when it comes to sharing, users are quickly dependent on IT again and get frustrated because they are stuck for a couple of days.

I think the solution is to allow "self-service sharing" : users would have the ability to grant access to other users for apps that reside in their "My Work". This is actually what we all experience when using OneDrive, SharePoint or DropBox : ability to share content with anyone we think is interested.

I'm convinced this would bring significant added value to all users and strengthen the self-service capabilities of Qlik Sense !

Can you please consider this for a next release?

Thanks,

Nicolas

2 Comments
pleddy
Employee
Employee

This applies to Qlik Sense Cloud as well where not able to share an app that is in personal space without first creating a new workspace and then adding members.  Should be able to selectively share apps with individual users or groups.

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

Marked as delivered as part of our app sharing/publishing capabilities on Qlik Cloud

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Spaces/managing-apps-in-...

Thanks

Ian

Status changed to: Delivered