Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Shared master library between apps

Not applicable

Shared master library between apps

I know scripting dimensions and measure is on the road map and that will improve alot. But I think the master library items should be shared between applications or ability to select the one you want for certain apps would be better even better.

New master items:

Script sections

Sheets

Ability to version control and export master items.

Tags (2)
17 Comments
Not applicable

Totally agree with you. specially for big organization where they need to build master library and defined most of the KPI's then distribute it to specific department based in request. I have customer whom provide Report and BI as services for 17 company belong to one group and this was one of his main requirements

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Totally agree.

I had talked the same requirements in the last year with Qlik Team, and they talked that the change to do this will be dramatic and the entire product should be changed

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - there are a number of Master Library enhancements in the internal ideation system - a global library of centralized assets is something I see strong support for with a number of votes - crossing my fingers that we may see this one soon.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Crossing fingers too.

I see this feature become Qlik Sense a powerful enterprise solution that could speed up how some customers see our products: departament solution instead of a Global Data Driven Solution.

mjones87
Contributor III
Contributor III

Centrally managed and governed KPIs are a must, this should already be in Qlik. This would save a LOT of time when creating new apps and making updates to any measures which require a tweak.

mjwolivier
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

missed opportunity dear Qlik! +1 for me

I see quite some reactions here.. but no votes!

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi there,

this is an area which we are still looking at as we do think as well that this is an important capability to have. We already shipped improvements to our Master item library and with the integration of Qlik Data Catalyst and now support for QVD files, this is another major milestone within that project. The ability to share expressions, dimensions and or other items such as script sections, sheets, etc. is part of our roadmap. Source control options for Qlik Sense Apps is actually something we are looking into independently of that master library capability.

More updates will be shared along the road while we are improving that use case of reusing content within a Qlik Sense deployment.

Status changed to: Active
Anonymous
Not applicable

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi for all,

It was wonderfull if this shared dimensions and measures and objects contents can be used (and accessed) as a Data Connection.

Qlik has the open APIs wich can access all content of an app using javascript or .net sdk but not by the Qlik Script. There is an extension called q2g Sense App wich do something like that but it is hard to install and doesn´t work very well. It was great if it was standard feature as a Qlik Data Connector.  

Tks

Pedro

francesco_morin
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

The feature is a must have for large deployments / organisations. Hard / complex management of centralised dimension / measures is always been a pain since QlikView. IMHO it's a quite relevant big gap vs other players that it's not there yet...