Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Sort dimension by selected measure when alternatives are available

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sort dimension by selected measure when alternatives are available

Hi,
a customer has asked if it is possible to sort the dimension in a chart by active measure, when the chart has alternative measures:

francesco_menin_0-1647269802727.png

francesco_menin_1-1647269814670.png

It would be nice to have the option to select the active measure to sort the dimension both in the chart and in the legend.

7 Comments
Ben_at_Kohls
Contributor III
Contributor III

I've accomplished something like this using variables and the variable input chart type. The user cycles through "alternate" measures using the variable input chart instead of the true alternate measure feature built into each chart. Variables behind the scene are used in the sort by expression feature in the chart. The charts are resorted every time the user selects a new measure.

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I do understand the alternative is available but most of the times we don't have the screen estate to add another object, or it gets clunkier to add this, when a solution seems to be available and used in the map chart as an example

Ben_at_Kohls
Contributor III
Contributor III

I agree that having a built-in, universal method to sort by "active measure" would be a great feature.

gileswalker
Creator
Creator

There is a solution to your issue here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Sorting-Based-on-Measure-Selected-Value/td-p/1250620

I have used it and the solution is working.

HTH

Cheers

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

that's an ingenious one. I've always tried to use those functions but seemed to always get it wrong

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived