Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Static Creation Date in ADLS

priyankaraj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Static Creation Date in ADLS

Hello Team, 

We are requiring for the creation date of a table to be a static value that gets generated once the record is first inserted. We noticed that creation date changes when the there are updates/deletes/ddl changes on the table. How can we maintain this column as Global Transformation and ensure that doesn't change when record/table is modified. 

Please assist. Thank you.

7 Comments
priyankaraj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Team,

Let me know if the ask is clear or additional details are needed. Appreciate all/any input into the request. Thank you!

John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @priyankaraj,

This sounds more like a support request than an Idea submission. Please contact support.qlik.com for support requests. If this is an idea submission, please refer to the submission guidelines and edit your post.

Thanks,

priyankaraj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank John,

Support team directed us here, but I will go back to them. Thanks

MelTop
Employee
Employee

Hi @John_Teichman 

This is in fact a Feature Request to support the target_lookup function for ADLS. 

We currently are not able to do what customer needs to do when the target is ADLS.

Melanie, QDI Customer Success Manager

John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @MelTop,

I appreciate that, however, I still do not see an idea being suggested in the post. It is difficult to move forward with just the support question.

Thanks,

priyankaraj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello John,

The ask or enhancement request we are requesting is based on the following information: 

We add the following as a GLOBAL Transformation in Replicate Server: 

Column name: DL_HDP_CREATEDDTM
Column data type: DATETIME(6)
Computation expression: $AR_H_COMMIT_TIMESTAMP

So create date should be static  and only reflect when record first inserted. It gets modified if there's changes flowing in. 

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank you for the suggestion.  At this time, we do not have any plans to implement.  If you have any more details on the problem you are trying to solve or the use case, we may be able to suggest some alternatives.

Status changed to: Closed - Declined