Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

TRANSLATIONS IN QLIKSENSE

naresh_mcs
Partner - Contributor III

TRANSLATIONS IN QLIKSENSE

We are implementing the translation of dashboard into different languages that we want ,for ex: German,Dutch,Sweden,English,French. We are able to translate all the labels on dashboard except a few like 1.Reference lines labels, 2.The field names that appear on the top ribbon when you select something on dashboard.

Translated image1Translated image1

As you can see in the above image, i selected the french language and whole dashboard is in french ,except the top ribbon(selections) and the bottom right labels (reference lines labels).

So can you please add the functionality in our qlik sense to convert  these two labels into the required language we want. It would be very helpful as we have different customers who are from different parts of the world

If you want i can add one sample qvd file which shows how we are implementing these translations ,but i don't see any way of adding a file here .

you can reach out to me on 91 -9494338160

Regards,

Sairam

Tags (2)
12 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. As for handling filed names in different languages, see scenario 2 in Chuck Bannons blog post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Handling-Multiple-Languages/ba-p/1473518

As for ref lines, I agree the label should be a expression.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Not Planned
naresh_mcs

Thank you patric for your information, as of now we are implementing the translations on dashboards same as the way you mentioned in the above comment(loading all the objects, and required languages in a seperate columns  in an excel sheet)

All the labels are translating except a few like ,reference lines labels(which doesn't have an expression functionality to handle the formulas) & the field names that appear on the filter pane when you select something in filters on dashboard

Please refer to the images that i attached in my original post above

Regards,

Sairam

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Field names are trickier to have in several languages, the closest is to use rename approach https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/How-to-Rename-Fields/ba-p/1469790

Thanks

Patric

naresh_mcs

seems like i cannot use rename approach in my case, as my requirement is based on end users preferred language, we are showing our dashboard in that language. we are showing 90% of our qlik dashboard in user preferred languages, but there are few labels like "reference lines labels" which we cannot translate that too different languages.

We are expecting qliksense to add the f(x) expression handler functionality to the label of reference lines like we have this f(x) expression handler functionality in other labels

Thanks

Naresh

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Expression based labels in reference labels is coming in September 2020.

Check out the tech preview: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-September-2020-Technical-Preview/bd-p/qlik_sense_september_...

Thanks,

Patric

naresh_mcs

Hello Patric,

Thanks for the information 

Thanks,

Sairam

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Patric,  Siram,

Has it been implemented the "xpression based labels in reference labels"  in September or Nov 2020?

It seems no.

Francesco

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Expression based labels in reference lines were added in QSE September 2020:

Patric_Nordstrom_0-1610709952006.png

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.