Qlik Community

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2022, LIVE in Denver CO., May 16-19, 2022. REGISTER NOW TO RECEIVE EARLY BIRD PRICING

Text/Notes/Description column for most QMC objects

Ken_T
Creator II
Creator II

Text/Notes/Description column for most QMC objects

All of the main objects in the QMC should have notes column, to allow the amdinistrators to list some important things about each object.

Apps, Streams, Extensions, Tasks, etc

A common problem we face is when more than one person wants to be the business owner for a stream, and we have no way to document that in the QMC.  For example if a business owner wants an assistant to be delegated as also being owner for the stream. No way to put a note that says for this stream be sure to do abc before 123.  

Please consider adding a TEXT column for the main objects, similar to the description column for Security rules.

Security rules are a prime example of the usefulness of this. The description column allows for notes about each rule, that can be very helpful. This allows some meta data to be entered, and this is greatly needed on other objects as well.

Tags (1)
3 Comments
jeanineirene
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with the above comment. For workstreams especially, a text column would be useful for co-owners or special instructions about access ect. 

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ken_T and thanks for the Idea. I wanted to get back to you on this as we are adding this to our backlog and we will update you if we can share a planned release date if we decide to add this. agreed that this would be a useful improvement.

Best regards,

Thomas from the Product Management Team

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Ken_T
Creator II
Creator II

that sounds good.  let me know if you need any further info on the suggestion.

Apps, Data connections, Streams, Tasks, Extensions --- would all greatly benefit from this very simple improvement.