Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

The Power of Grey

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The Power of Grey

The Selections Insights tool is excellent and has any easy-to-use toggle for both selected and excluded values. Given that one of the major benefits of using Qlik Sense is the "power of grey" aka the QIX associative experience - can we initiate a thread to ideate on how to truly leverage this unique product differentiator ?

To get started - I was thinking about the selections bar. Yes it shows your selections and you can see the rough % of green, white, grey and open up the filters to explore more. But given the Selections Insights has a fast explore grey capability can something similar maybe be added into the selections toolbar ? Yes I could pick individual fields and select the exluded data, but if there was something like the button in Selection Insights that I could much faster invert my selection state I can then explore the NOT state.

Anything else ?

6 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Right click a chart object and provide an "Invert state / Explore" menu selection option. Much faster than the selections bar and tool.

Apologies @Meghann_MacDonald but this is maybe an example of single-threaded ideas not being ideal. Hence https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Ideate-by-SaaS/idi-p/1817731

If someone wants to dump their ideas Qlik should facilitate this rather than enforcing a time-consuming one idea per post rule imo. Think how mindmaps tools work. Someones list of ideas could ultimately lead into something bigger.

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @AndrewMcIlwrick , this is a case where I think we should go straight to "Collecting Feedback" and treat it as an open thread. It does serve as an effective way to brainstorm in one place, the downside being that it creates confusion to change and update the status of an idea when one bit is delivered, rather than the whole thing. It may be set as partially delivered - what part? What about the rest? 

We do have a few threads that I've seen are engaging to ideation users, with multiple different perspectives brougth in. Perhaps tagging them separately as Idea threads or "mind maps" could help product managers utilize them differently in our app. We can take this into consideration.

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Sounds good !
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived