Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

The "Auto" Number format should allow currency symbols

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The "Auto" Number format should allow currency symbols

The "auto" number format is great - it automatically shows the number in thousands, millions, billions, etc... What would be extremely helpful is the ability to add a currency symbol to it. Without it, we are still forced to evaluate the number in a nested IF statement and format the number manually, just because we can't add the dollar sign to the number.

Example: in order to produce something like this:    $32.1M

We have to calculate something like this:

IF(Sum(Sales)>1000000000, num(Sum(Sales)/1000000000, '$#,##0.0B'),

IF(Sum(Sales)>1000000, num(Sum(Sales)/1000000, '$#,##0.0M'),

IF(Sum(Sales)>1000, num(Sum(Sales)/1000, '$#,##0.0k'),

num(Sum(Sales), '$#,##0'))))

Pretty ridiculous, don't you think? All this could be saved with a simple checkbox "Currency" and the currency symbol next to it...

Thank you for your consideration!

Oleg Troyansky

7 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
andrew_2817
Contributor II
Contributor II

I second this motion. My customers are always complaining that I don't have a dollar sign on my Auto numbers.

luttik
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'd like to second this, and add that this kind of formula is not even an option in line / bar charts. In these charts you have to choose between a readable number and an explicit currency.

schmidtkm37
Contributor III
Contributor III

This seems like low hanging fruit that could deliver a quick, impactful win for customers.  I think you should consider adding this to your short-term roadmap.

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

That's something very useful we'd love to have.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived