Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Toggle to hide base visualization title in Container object

SGV
Creator
Creator

Toggle to hide base visualization title in Container object

All,

Currently the base visualization title is copied by default as  the Container title. Then, the base viz title becomes redundant. Could we give a toggle option to turn off the title from the Content panel in the Container object?

SGV_0-1615988468888.png

@Patric_Nordstrom 

7 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @SGV , can you please clarify your issue?

When you edit the combo chart, you can elect to turn off "Show Titles" as seen here: 

Meghann_MacDonald_0-1617040629468.png

This will remove the visualization-based title as you wish, and is already available.

Meghann_MacDonald_1-1617040694689.png

However, as part of a container, the tab name is important to allow users to navigate to the chart they want. Are you requesting the option to toggle off the title in the Container tab?

Thank you,

Meghann

Status changed to: Closed - Already Available
SGV
Creator
Creator

Meghann,

"Are you requesting the option to toggle off the title in the Container tab?" - Yes, the user should be able to toggle the base visualization title from the container itself. 

I shouldn't have to go into the base visualization (often a master item) and then toggle off the title there. It is a repeatable step that could be avoided. 

If you need any clarification, I can create a small YouTube video to explain this. 

@Meghann_MacDonald 

Meghann_MacDonald

Okay, I see what you mean. The idea is to be able to do that same function to toggle off without navigating into the "Edit table" area. I will reopen to see what the product managers think.

Meghann

Status changed to: Open - New
SGV
Creator
Creator

Thanks 👍.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea by commenting and liking.

Thanks, 

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived