Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

"Read Only" status settable in chart properties

PaoloRizzato
Contributor II
Contributor II

"Read Only" status settable in chart properties

Sometimes it can be useful to have a chart which is not interactive (not "clickable" by users), just like as if it's a picture which keeps following users selections.

This way users should not be able to apply a filter on the chart dimension.

8 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Great suggestion. Was a useful QV feature, and I suspect easy to implement ?

johan_ennerup
Former Employee
Former Employee
A feature gap to QlikView actually. And very useful when you want to visualize someting but at the same time make sure that the users can't interact with the data in a "wrong" way. A typical scenario is when you use a "rolling months calendar" and use the rolling period as a dimension. Selecting the dimension is not relevant - it is only relevant to visualize the rolling x periods.
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Such feature of course puts a lot of responsibility on the developer to explain the "magic" as users expects all charts to be interactable.

Thanks,
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Suggesting that users expect all charts to be interactable seems very short-sighted.  Qlik Sense at it's most basic is a presentation foundation for data.  There are all sorts of data that doesn't make sense to interact with.  A dashboard that presents a single record view such as a personal profile has no business being interactive after you search for the person.  When the person's gender is returned, clicking it for a single record is obviously useless.

dkhomich
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

This is a very useful idea. I have a very small graph for one cell, in which I would like to disable the filtering option, since when filtering, a panel pops up, in which there is nothing to fit and this is incomprehensible to the user.

dkhomich_0-1634546339055.png

Tanja_H
Contributor
Contributor

I can only support this feature request, as we have C-level dashboards with time dimensions, that are not to be selected, because all the charts on the dashboard then become not understandable.

We are trying to solve this with alternative states and then adding a 1 and the room (in which all legimate filters are included) to disable selections except for the ones in the alternate "selection" room, however, as we are using the time dimension also within the expression for a if statement, this is also not doing the trick so far.

We are trying to migrate from QlikView to Qlik Cloud, but such missing functions don't make this an easy task. In QlikView this was easily done per chart / table.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived