Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW

viewer licensing model

thi_pham
Creator III
Creator III

viewer licensing model

There are 3 types of data consuming users:

+ Data expert (fixed to Professional token) who will create new reports/dashboards, create data models...

+ Analysts (fixed to analyzer token) who will do analytics jobs by the application designed by data experts.

+ Viewer (NO TOKEN actually fix) who only consume the output of reports/dashboards and make final decisions.

In a real situation of a corporation, only 5% employees needs to be data experts, 20% are analysts and huge number of remaining are viewer (75%).

Qlik sense have some sort of licensing models (Perpetual, Subscription) but mostly fixed for Data experts and Analysts while there are a huge demand of Viewer license which might be crowd and costs of analyst/professional are too high to expand.

Ex: I have a dashboard to show sale performance. we have a thousand of sale staffs, 1-2 sale analysts.

Best fix license modeling like:

- 1 Professional token for developer 

- 2 analyzer token for sale analysts (or even they could you the professional token)

- 1000 view tokens (just to get a static reports of their sale performance

Another example, I made a dashboards to show Covid-19 information and would like to public it on web for anyone could access.

For power BI, there cheap cloud user could share a report public while no way to archive it with Qlik sense Biz.

Thanks for your time, please consider!

2 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived