Digital Support

Insight Advisor Chat not showing in Qlik Sense Hub

Last Update:

Jun 21, 2022 3:14:39 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Nov 10, 2020 7:29:15 AM

The button Ask Insight Advisor is missing in the Hub on Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows. See Fig 1.

Fig 1Fig 1

The expected result is:

Fig 2Fig 2

Resolution

1. Verify that the version of Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows is November 2020 or later. Insight Advisor Chat is not available in earlier versions.

2. Verify the license for Qlik Sense Enterprise includes any of the following two LEF attributes to be entitled for Insight Advisor Chat:

INSIGHTBOT
    INSIGHT_ADVISOR_CHAT

3. Verify that the Security Rules have been set up correctly for the user missing the functionality: Configuring Qlik Insight Advisor Chat in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows 

4. If on a version prior to February 2022, verify the capability flag HUB_CHAT is set to "enabled":true in capabilities.json for the Qlik Sense Capabilities Service (C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\CapabilityService😞 

{
            "contentHash": "cf15d72343be5e4223b9e8de37e69aef",
            "originalClassName": "FeatureToggle",
            "flag": "HUB_CHAT",
            "enabled": true
        }

NOTE: Make sure to use lower case when setting values to true or false as capabilities.json file is case sensitive and restart Qlik Sense services after making any changes to the capabilities.json file to verify Ask Insight Advisor button will show in the Hub. 

Labels (1)
Comments
Acrodata
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,

We don't see Ask Insight Advisor even if we have Qlik Sense  November 2020 release on Windows and   flag HUB_CHAT is set to "enabled":true in capabilities.json. 

It's true that  the attribute INSIGHT_ADVISOR_CHAT is missing from our LEF, but how could we add this , it's a seperate license even for Insight Advisor chat ?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Acrodata 

To get the tag added to your LEF, please get in touch with your account manager to have the license modified. 

Though I'm getting some verification right now what LEF tag you need and will update you here once I know more. 

- Sonja

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

@Acrodata Just a quick update for you: 

INSIGHTBOT or INSIGHT_ADVISOR_CHAT are the correct tags to add to the LEF.   Though regardless, please contact your account manager to have the license updated. 

Acrodata

Ok Thank for your reply

Acrodata

Hello @Sonja_Bauernfeind ,

I contacted our account Manger, he told me we need a seperate license to have Insight Chat Advisor.

Is it right or maybe he 's confusing insight Advisor Chat with Insight Bot ?

Best Regards

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Acrodata 

The Insight Chat Advisor has replaced Insight Bot. It's an add on to your license that gets sold as a subscription (I believe). I sent you a DM so we can look into helping you directly.

-Sonja 

Nareshgp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello @Sonja_Bauernfeind ,

we are on QS November 2020 version and all the necessary things are enabled on server & LEF part. Root admin only able to see "AskInsigthAdvisor" option in hub but not others. Could you please help to enable this option to all developers as well.

Thanks,

Naresh

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Nareshgp 

Please make sure you have set up the security rules correctly and followed the setup procedure as documented in Configuring Qlik Insight Advisor Chat in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows.

Should this not work, I would advise logging a ticket with Qlik Support.

All the best,
Sonja 

Nareshgp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind ,

Thanks a lot for the document. After creating a security rule it is working as expected with QS November 2020 version.

I have noticed  that "Ask Insight Advisor" button is available for everyone in Qlik sense May 2021 release without creating any security rule.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Naresh

mohsin_choudhary
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind,

As user didn't need this feature we have disable insight advisor in v. Nov 2020 by setting HUB_CHAT=false in capabilities.json . In v. Feb 2022 there is no option of HUB_CHAT and due to this i am unable to disable insighadvisor from hub.  Let me know if Qlik have moved this setting to other files and how to disable it.

Thanks

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-06-21 03:14 AM
Updated by: