Skip to main content
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Qlik Users!

I was perusing the Qlik Community the other day and came across this exchange that I wanted to share regarding Qlik GeoAnalytics and Qlik Sense SaaS.

The Qlik GeoAnalytics connector is not actually available in Qlik Sense SaaS or Qlik Sense Business. GeoOperations, however, can be used in its’ place for any geographic calculations and/or functions. This would include calculating routes or travel areas. GeoOperations is an advanced feature and does require an add-on to the license.

For those looking for mapping, you can use the native map that is included with Qlik Sense SaaS. The Map chart will allow you to plot points and areas, as well as density. You can typically use the location data you already have as well.

This map is from the Qlik Sense Visualization September demo app.This map is from the Qlik Sense Visualization September demo app.

Please let us know if you have any questions about mapping in the comments below.

Kind regards,

Qlik Digital Support

3 Comments
ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Jamie_Gregory 

Is it possible in Qlik Sense SaaS to retrieve geo-data (shapes, lines) from external  map services (e.g. map layers in ArcGIS Online) in the configuration of the map object? I know this can be done in the script, but I would like to do this in the front-end.

Best regards,

Steven

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Patric_Nordstrom Can you help @ssamuels ?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@ssamuels so far only Routes and TravelAreas are officially supported as available in runtime, we hope to enable more further on.

That said, for instance the Load() returns areas, have to know how many areas that are returned. Note, the order of the areas returned is not defined, so it could work for a static layer without interaction.

Dimension: =valueloop(1,51)

=GeoOperations.ScriptEvalStr(
'Select geom_Geometry from Load() DATASOURCE geom GEOFILE
url="https://data.cityofnewyork.us/api/geospatial/yusd-j4xi?method=export&format=GeoJSON",
crs="EPSG:4326"
')

Thanks,

Patric