Skip to main content
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Qlik Users!

I hope you are all doing well!

Yesterday, I blogged the new releases for Qlik Sense Patch Wednesday. After the announcement, a few users reported an error when installing Qlik Sense June 2020 Patch 1. Users have reported the following error:

Update failed: Ensure that Qlik Sense June 2020 is installed before you install Qlik Sense June 2020 Patch 1.

Qlik Support and R&D investigated the issue and it was found that the Qlik Sense June 2020 GA installer had the incorrect build number, causing June 2020 Patch 1 to error out during the installation. The Qlik Sense June 2020 GA installer with the correct build number is now available on the Qlik download site.

For those that have Qlik Sense June 2020 GA version 13.82.3 installed, please download the new Qlik Sense June 2020 Patch 1. This new patch will allow you to upgrade version 13.82.3 to 13.82.6 instead of having to uninstall/reinstall the GA release.

As with all software, please follow best practices when installing and/or upgrading by backing up your Qlik Sense environment and testing in a QA environment first. For more guidance on installing Qlik Sense, see the Qlik Sense Installation Guide. upgrade, see the Qlik Sense Upgrade guide. This guide was put together by the Qlik Digital Support team and offers step-by-step instructions, pictures and troubleshooting tips. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue causes.

Please subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button and give this post a like if you found it helpful. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments.

Thank you for choosing Qlik!

Kind regards,

Qlik Global Support

35 Comments
ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@Jamie_Gregory Installing the updated patch 1 worked for me as well.

Thanks,

Steven

jsebrightqi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Bit of an unfortunate error (come on, who hasn't made a mistake?), but the updated patch did the trick.

Thanks,

Jon.

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear it worked @korsikov and @ssamuels!

Thanks for understanding, @jsebrightqi!

0 Likes
sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II

@Jamie_Gregory  : If we want to apply the patch after the June 2020 upgrade, do we just use June 2020 SR1 file from the Downloads site? 

Is it the updated file?  I ask because the 'Modified date' for the file is 2020-06-17 and the date for this post is 2020-06-18. 

Thank you!

Regards,

Sujeet Shirude

0 Likes
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sujeet_shirude If you downloaded June 2020 IR within the past couple days, then yes, you should be able to use the patch on the downloads site. I would still verify the version by right clicking on the June 2020 IR installation file > Properties > Details. If it's 13.82.4, then you can use the Patch 1 that is on the downloads site. 

If you've had the June 2020 IR  download for a week or two now, you will want to download a new copy from the Downloads site.

If it's already installed and has been for a couple weeks, you can verify the version in Programs and Features. If this is the case, then it's probably 13.82.3 and you will want to use the link above in the blog post for the Patch 1 download.

We created a FAQ on this as well: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/Qlik-Sense-June-2020-Patch-1-FAQ/ba-p/172043... 

Please let me know if you have any more questions. 

0 Likes
Digvijay_Singh

I have installed June 2020 Desktop. My script editor only works in debug mode else I get 'Unknown error', also I see version # 13.82.6, is that okay?Version.PNGunknown error.PNG

sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II

We have 13.82.3 installed for a week in DEV now, so I will use the  link above in the blog post for the Patch 1 download. 

@Jamie_Gregory  Thank you for the clarification and for the FAQ link! 

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Digvijay_Singh  It looks likes the connections haven't loaded in your screenshot. Can you let those load, then try to reload the data and see if you still get unknown error? And yes, that is the correct version number for June 2020 Patch 1.

0 Likes
Digvijay_Singh

Thanks @Jamie_Gregory 

I think its something else, I allowed connection to load and then tried, still same error. I see one article and have seen other people also reported similar issue but not sure if its related to my issue as I am able to open enterprise hub without any issue, its just my new June 2020 desktop causing this issue - 

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000072106

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Unknown-Error-at-loading/td-p/1665795

0 Likes
Digvijay_Singh

unknown error.PNG