Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Qlik Users!

I hope you are all doing well!

There are a couple of defects in QlikView 12.50 that are affecting NPrinting:

• QV-20513: Date format turns into number from "dd/mm/yy" when creating a report on NPrinting
  • QV-20560: QlikView 12.50 exporting to excel turns number fields into text

Due to the nature of these defects, we are requesting any NPrinting customers to refrain from upgrading to QlikView 12.50. The fixes have been identified and resolved by R&D but we are waiting for the release of the patch. I do not have a date yet as to when these fixes will be released but will let everyone know as soon as I have more information. Please note that NPrinting is not yet supported with QlikView 12.50.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue causes.

Please subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button and give this post a like if you found it helpful. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments.

Thank you for choosing Qlik!

Kind regards,

Qlik Global Support

17 Comments
Or
MVP
MVP

Fully agree with the above, and another recommendation: Anyone who extensively uses the installed client with "Open in Server" should also avoid upgrading to 12.5. There seems to be an intermittent bug where closing QV does not actually close the task, so the task keeps running in the background and using up significant CPU (25-30% usually) until it is manually killed from the task manager. This has been reported to Qlik  - "QV-18964 - qv.exe hanging after QlikView Desktop is closed"

Balasubramanian
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not only number fields get exported as text as mentioned above.

On using send to excel via Access point even date fields are getting exported as text 

Hope this also gets addressed in the next patch

igorsilvar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Another bug is that searching in multi box does not always work in Ajax client. When the string is long it seems like.

0 Likes
Fran_by
Contributor III
Contributor III

After updated QV Server to 12.50 (April 2020) version, we have trouble with export from Nprinting to excel.

After export, all pivot table with numbers in dimensions changing true values to zero!

It is huge problem for us, now incorrect working more than 100 reports!

When will fix it ?!

0 Likes
johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Fran_by

I have a similar issue but with dates. (In both View & Sense)

Support have told me the fix will be released in September.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

We also have logged a case for "QV.exe uses CPU after close". We also received  QV-18964 from Qlik Support.

Unfortunately we see a very similar issue for QlikView IEPlugin starting from QlikView 12.30.20400: We sometimes have the case that after closing the IE-Tab with the QV Plugin, the iexplore.exe continues to use up a full CPU core (25% on a 4 Core System). Qlik Support is still investigating if this is related to QV-18964 as well. 

Anyone else with this issue? Here a video that shows the issue: http://content.heldendaten.eu/iePlugin_uses_lots_of_CPU_afterIEClose.gif At the very end of the video one can see that iexplore.exe with PID 9292 uses 25% CPU. One has to kill it in task manager to free resources.

Thx,

Roland

igorsilvar
Contributor II
Contributor II

After we updated QV Server to April 2020 IR 12.50 version, it crashes every day, is there also a performance Issue with this version?

mehmet_gencsoy
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When will we get the first patch??

Please short answer from Support. Thanks.

BR

Mehmet.

igorsilvar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi

when do you  release fix for QV Server 12.50 April 2020 version?

need to know.

igorsilvar
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have already installed 12.50 and I have a lot of problems.

Can I downgrade to 12.40 from 12.50?