Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are happy to share with you the new Entitlement Analyzer for Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS! This application will enable you to answer questions like: 

• How can I track the usage of my Tenant over time? How are my entitled users using the Tenant? 
  • How can I better understand the usage of Analyzer Capacity vs. Analyzer & Professional Entitlements? 

Entitlement Analyzer.png

The Entitlement Analyzer app provides insights on: 

• Entitlement usage overview across the Tenant 
  • Analyzer Capacity – Detailed usage data and a predication if you have enough 
  • How users are using the system and if they have the right Entitlement assigned to them 
  • Which Apps are used the most by using the NEW "App consumption overview" sheet
  • And much more! 

Analyzer.JPG

The Entitlement Analyzer uses a new API Endpoint to fetch all the required data and will store the history in QVD files to enable even better Analytics over time. 

A few things to note: 

• This app is provided as-is and is not supported by Qlik Support. 
  • It is recommended to always use the latest app. 
  • Information is not collected by Qlik when using this app. 

The app as well as the configuration guide are available via GitHub, linked below. 

Any issues, questions, and enhancement requests should be opened on the Issues page within the app’s GitHub repository.

Be sure to subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button to stay up to date with the latest Qlik Support announcements. Please give this post a like if you found it helpful! 

Kind regards, 

Qlik Platform Architects

Additional Resources:

Our other monitoring apps for Qlik Cloud can be found below.

123 Comments
blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

@Jamie_Gregory : Thank you very much for this app. It is highly usable.

A question:

When I look at the Dashboard, I see that we have Purchased 135 Analyzer licenses, and that 128 are Assigned, and 41 are Used.

When does an Analyzer license become "Assigned"? What actions needs to have been taken? I suppose that it somehow means that in this case 128 - 41 = 87 have been "Assigned" an Analyzer license but have not used it?

BR Kim Madsen

blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

One more question:

In the Management Console in Qlik Sense SaaS it says under Analyzer capacity that we have 140,000. In paranthesis it says "minutes". So I think this means, that we have 140,000 minutes / 6 minutes = 23,333 units. But in the Entitlement Analyzer the term "Units" is used about the 140,000. This confuses me a little. Is it the wrong term used in the Management Console (minutes) or in the Entitlement Analyzer (units)?

image.png     image.png

BR Kim Madsen

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @blipblopdk Kim, thanks for sharing your feedback with us so quick and great to see your "highly usable" comment.

About your two questions:

1. When you turn off the auto assignment of Analyzer & Professional entitlements, you can manually assign those as you most probably know. If you do it this way you can assign any of those but it does not mean that a user has actually used it. This is what we are trying to show here. Meaning assigned vs. actually used. So what your are saying "I suppose that it somehow means that in this case 128 - 41 = 87 have been "Assigned" an Analyzer license but have not used it?" is correct.

2. Let me add this to the list of things we might want to adjust as in that column we are showing not only the time. We are showing as well the amount of other Entitlement types. Like in your example 135 Analyzer units + 140,000 minutes. The word units is coming from the API ... but like I said, I'll discuss this with the developer of the App.

Regards,

Thomas

blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

@Thomas_Hopp : Thank you very much for your swift reply. And I do find this app very useful.

Re. 2: So, "units" should be interpreted according to the type of license. So, in the case of Analyzer capacity license, the unit is minutes. And in the case of Analyzer license, the unit is unit 🙂 This is fine, I think.

BR Kim Madsen

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

@Thomas_Hopp  Cheers for this Thomas et al, as we don't use capacity licence, I've bastardised the app and rebuilt the front end so it shows what we want to see.  Runs great and has addressed the issue of not being able to see who was using the apps and for how long.

Looking forward to seeing the next iteration, especially if you could add in the subject field to the Assignments table as our email addresses are placed in the subject field not email for whatever reason and we need to be able to differentiate between a number of different organisation.

Regards and stay safe.

Chris

blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

@CHansford: Perhaps you could post a screen dump of what you have made? It could serve as inspiration to the rest of us (at least to me).

BR Kim Madsen

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

@blipblopdk  Kim, as requested here are some screenshots of what I've done in the meantime to make it more relevant to our licences and tenant.

CHansford_0-1624544835100.png

CHansford_1-1624544912828.png

CHansford_3-1624545360723.png

Looking to include reload stats as well based on other monitoring apps that have been built.

Hope this helps.

CHris

blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

@CHansford : Thank you very much for sharing. I will try it out to see if I can also make some more metrics that helps me understand the usage of our platform.

BR Kim Madsen

blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

Dear @Thomas_Hopp: Now I have looked a bit more into the app, and I see that data is available only for the month of June 2021. Is that a limitation in the data load or is it because it is a newly developed app so that no data has been collected further back in time? If it is not possible to look further back in time than June 2021, what is the exact date that data collection has begun (1st of June or later)?

BR Kim Madsen

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

@blipblopdk Hi Kim, assuming you are talking about the Analyzer Capacity data. The data will be removed after 30 days (per month). This is why you only see the data for the current month. But we've added the QVD layer into the script (as you can see) which will store the history for you. But as we started it in June 2021, June 2021 is the only available month so far. This will change over time now while you are saving the history to the QVD files.

BR, Thomas