Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Katie_Davis
Digital Support
Digital Support

Updated 1/05/2022 to include upgrading to NPrinting May 2021 Service Release 3 (SR3) will resolve issue. 

Hello All, 

Please be sure to upgrade to the latest NPrinting May 2021 Service Release, SR3, to resolve the issue stated below. 

The download site can be found here.

Detailed Release notes are attached and include Windows/Office updates in addition to publish tasks and source formatting issue resolutions. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Hello Qlik NPrinting users,

We are currently facing an NPrinting Designer issue after the latest Windows/Office update and are actively working to resolve this defect.

After attempting to open the NPrinting Template Editor in NPrinting Designer you may see this error message: “Qlik NPrinting Designer can't find a supported reporting template editor for this file…”

The temporary workaround would be to revert to a prior version of Office. How to revert to an earlier version of Office (microsoft.com)

We will continue to post updates on this thread as they become available. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank you,

Qlik Global Support

37 Comments
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

@PeteG could you try to create a new user in your pc?

Try to create a new user and verify if the NP Designer working with it. If it works there is a problem with your user configuration and could be solved.

Chernov
Creator
Creator

@andregas I created a new win profile, tried it - the problem remained

schernov_0-1634826689613.png

mbrion23
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue as everyone else in this thread. I have a support ticket open with Qlik and took their recommendation to roll back to a previous version of Office. I rolled back to v2102 and I still receive the same error message. I have updated the support ticket letting them know their suggestion did not solve the issue.

Digvijay_Singh

I suggest roll back to 2008 version if possible, that should solve the issues.

AdamQuick
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Is there an ETA on when a fix/patch will be rolled out?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support
mattdetwiler
Contributor III
Contributor III

We've tried all existing fixes and are not comfortable with rolling back editions due to security issues.  Please fix your product or start issuing credits until the issue is fixed.

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Matt,

i share your frustration! Just to check, have you tried Lech's fix: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-May-2021-SR2-Excel-issues/m-p/185...

worked a treat for me, didnt roll back etc. Good old Nprint back up and running here. Must add i did do a "repair" of MS office first before i'd read Lech's post.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Developers are working on a solution for this issue starting from the first day it was discovered and it has an high priority. Ad the moment the suggested workarounds, applied only on the computers used to edit templates, are the only solution. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero