Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Katie_Davis
Digital Support
Digital Support

A new connector for Google Ads has been released today, March 15, 2022, in Qlik Sense and in the March 2022 release of Qlik Web Connectors. The new Google Ads Connector is using the latest API from Google and it is replacing the Google AdWords Connector, as this will be deprecated (and stop working) when its underlying API is sunset by Google on April 27.

If you have apps using the Google AdWords Connector you will have to migrate to the new Google Ads Connector before April 27 in order to get the data loaded properly. We recommend you review the Google documentation on what is New and Improved in the Google Ads API, including general migration guidelines.

For further instructions – check out our Knowledge Base article. 

Thank you for choosing Qlik!

Global Support

10 Comments
John_SM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello, where can I download the new version? I have tried this url: https://demo.qlik.com/download/ but there its only the December 2021 version. Also can you please make the download section more user friendly, I had to go through 3 forum community pages until I found a link from where to download.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @John_SM 

The Standalone Qlik Web Connectors can be downloaded from our download page here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Downloads/tkb-p/Downloads

Select Value Added, then Qlik Web Connectors (Standalone), the March 2022 release and finally the Service Release 1.

download web connectors.png

The download page URL you mentioned here has been discontinued.

John_SM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello, thank you for your response. If I click on the link provided I get the below error (same if I access the download URL from the documentation page)

John_SM_0-1647879485171.png

Katie_Davis
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hi @John_SM ,

Are you logged into Community with your Qlik ID? Similar to the Case Portal, the Downloads site can only be accessed when logged in with your Qlik Account.

If that's not the case and are still experiencing issues, please chat with our Live Agents (blue help chat bubble at the bottom of each Community Support page) and they can look further into the issue.

Thanks!

Katie

John_SM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello, I am logged in with this user, do I need to be logged in with another one? Is there a specific Qlik ID that I need to use?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @John_SM 

I have reached out to someone from Customer Support to see how we can best help you. It may be necessary for you to create a ticket with us though, but stay tuned, I will update you again soon.

All the best,
Sonja 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello again @John_SM 

Please contact a support rep. Go here: Qlik Support and initiate a chat (see fig 1).

Fig 1Fig 1

John_SM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you, the issue is solved. I talked with someone from support and they granted me access to the download page. I don't know if this happened to others but maybe its worth mentioning that you need someone to give you access to the download page (or maybe this was just my case)

EduardoOliveira
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello, I would like to ask for your help. 

I am trying to bring data from a GAQL query, in order to list all ad accounts linked to my Google ads account. However, it is noted that to perform a GAQL query using the Google Ads API, it is necessary to inform an ad account id (example: customers/1234567890), which limits the search to a single account. In that case, how could this general listing be made?

*(I note that in the api interface itself, such functionality is presented in the accounts part, but limiting the choice to only 1 account as well).

The GAQL search query from that part would be this one correct, but how would this listing be done?

SELECT   

customer_client.client_customer, 

customer_client.id, 

customer_client.level, 

customer_client.manager, 

customer_client.status, 

customer_client.time_zone, 

customer_client.descriptive_name 

FROM customer_client

Thank you for your attention!

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @EduardoOliveira 

Please post it in the Connectivity and Data Prep forum to give your question appropriate reach and attention, 

All the best,
Sonja