Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Qlik Users,

It is a great Monday here at Qlik!

Today we are sharing the new Qlik Replicate upgrade guide. This guide provides step-by-step instructions on upgrading Qlik Replicate, Windows Clusters, SAP, and DB2 Endpoint. Also included is instructions for upgrading on Linux as well as pictures to help illustrate the process.

As always, please follow best practices and make sure to back up the Qlik Replicate data directory prior to upgrade. If you have any questions, you are welcome to open a discussion on the Qlik Data Integration Forum for Replicate. Should you have any issues, our support team is always available to help troubleshoot any issues you might come across. 

For access to the guide, please see the Qlik Replicate Upgrade Guide article in the Qlik Support knowledgebase.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Kind regards,

Qlik Digital Support

13 Comments
bpflanzer
Contributor II
Contributor II

In the windows upgrade portion, I don't understand #2 Run the following Command.
There's no context, and it certainly doesn't look line windows syntax
Run the following command:
[user=username] [group=groupname] [nocredentials=true]
[verbose=true|debug=true] rpm -U[vh] [--prefix dirname] areplicate-
<version-build>.x86_64.rpm
Where [--prefix dirname] is only required when Attunity Replicate is installed in a non-default directory.
For additional information on the available

David_Fergen
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Bpflanzer,

Thanks for pointing this out, and we have made a few changes to the guide. The guide PDF has been updated now with a new part for that method so please make sure to download it again. As for the section you mentioned. The steps are:

If you choose Method 2:

1. Open a Windows command prompt and change the path to <PRODUCT_DIR>\bin. Then issue the following command:

repctl [-d alternate_data_directory_path] exportrepository where [-d alternate_data_directory_path] is required when the Replicate "data" directory is in a non-default location.

1. Run the Attunity Replicate setup wizard (AttunityReplicate_<version-build>_ X64.exe).

1. If you notice an issue with the upgrade, you can either revert to the previous version as described below or do one of the following depending on which backup method you chose above.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other issues, and we would be happy to help.

bpflanzer
Contributor II
Contributor II

Now I can't even find the document. I think I need training on using your website

bpflanzer
Contributor II
Contributor II

I see that the document is available again...
My Initial question was not in reference to method#2, but in part 2 of the instructions (highlighted in red below).

It says "run the following command" but where? That doesn't look like windows command syntax.

bpflanzer_0-1591973141128.png

0 Likes
David_Fergen
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Bpflanzer,

For that method two you have highlighted, you will need to issue the following command in command prompt:

repctl [data=data-directory] importrepository json_file=Full path to the exported *.json file
where [data=data-directory] is only required if you installed the Replicate "data" directory to a non-default location.

I am also attaching a screenshot from the updated guide:

ReplicateGuideInfo.jpg

Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes
bpflanzer
Contributor II
Contributor II

thanks, but what I highlighted is not method 2;
Point #1 discusses the two methods,
But my question was #2 (not method 2)

Even now, when I look at the live document - it does not look like the screenshot you shared

Calima38
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm having trouble getting the Qlik Replicate Upgrade Guide  

"Page not found" error 

Calima38
Contributor
Contributor

error.JPG

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager