Skip to main content
Katie_Davis
Digital Support
Digital Support

We are excited to unveil Qlik Forts, available now!  Qlik Forts are new hybrid services that securely extend Qlik Sense SaaS capabilities to wherever your data must reside – on-premises, in a private cloud, or a public cloud. Qlik Forts enables businesses to benefit from the convenience of SaaS as well as the flexibility of a hybrid deployment that supports data governance and regulatory requirements, data locality needs, and investments in existing data infrastructure. ​ 

Qlik Forts are pre-packaged, pre-configured virtual appliances, ready to run in your virtualization/IaaS platform of choice.  The complexity of maintaining a Fort is handled by Qlik - we ensure that Qlik Forts are always up to date with the latest updates so your IT team never have to worry about ongoing maintenance or updates.  

Qlik Forts and Qlik Cloud work together as a single solution, so users get a seamless experience with a single point-of-entry to all analytics content​.  

• Qlik Forts run securely behind your firewall 
  • All data and apps remain local in the Fort, and there is no ingress required  
  • Users can access Qlik Forts any time when securely connected to your network.​ 

Get Started Tutorial here!

Other resources:  

Visit our website here  

Join our Do More with Qlik - Introduction to Qlik Forts webinar on November 10.

Engage with our experts and ask questions in our support portal or Qlik Sense product Forum.    

Thank you for choosing Qlik! 

31 Comments
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @morenoju 

Not at this point. It is a road map item, but no further information can be provided at this point.

All the best, 
Sonja 

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sonja, before jumping to rockets, let’s start riding the bicycle first: deploying in local LAN … !? No hyperV, only VMware !?

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Also in the help there îs no clear INFO on what îs supposed to be filled in the first Steps of the QMC…

Still keeping my opinion: Lazy help, more like brief guidelines…

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @cotiso_hanganu 

I am not quite sure what you mean with your first question, though on your query about additional information, does this help? Getting Off The Ground With Qlik Forts. It includes a video walkthrough on how to set up Qlik Forts.

All the best,
Sonja 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello again @cotiso_hanganu As for your question regarding hyperV and such, Qlik Forts requires Center. See Qlik Forts: is vCenter required for VMware setups? 

parkera
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

FYI Currently testing the ability to deploy Zero Trust to the connection from Qlik Cloud to Qlik Cloud Forts. This in effect removes the ability of a hacker to capture the path of the Fort and keeps it both private and inaccessible via public https. With no need for reverse proxy etc

The experiment is to establish that only authenticated and authorised users can have Fort access from within Qlik Sense SAAS.  We have a session with @Martin_Tombs to establish if there are further actions required.

So far so good. Too early to say if a viable solution or not, but see no reason why it should not be. Could be a great method of securing Forts for users that do not want their Fort servers or ports to be exposed. 

PS Happy to share how you can make your on-premise instances of Qlik go dark (ie a black screen - literally dark) with Zero Trust, and or any other web hosted services for that matter, including dev-ops teams access to critical services.

npapapicco
Partner - Contributor III

We are trying to configure Qlik Forts for a customer.

The appliance was deployed from the IT team of the customer that had many headache because the appliance did't get a correct ip address but was showing the loopback address 127.0.0.1.

At last they were able to make the appliance working on a reachable ip address.

Next step was to create to bootstrap configuration from the tenant console and wait for the configuration of Forts to complete.

When completed Forts console show all services up and working, all green on the status page, but from the Saas console the status of the Forts appears not assigned and integrity is not checked as in the image.

I can troubleshoot the issue? Should I proceed deleting the appliance and the connection from the tenant and try with a new deploy?

TenantFortsStatusPic.jpg

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @npapapicco 

Please post your query in our forums to get assistance from our active community and engineers monitoring the forums. I would recommend Deployment and Management as this sounds like a deployment issue.

All the best,
Sonja 

npapapicco

Hello,

sorry for my long time update to my post.

The quick solution was  removing configuration from tenant, deleting the virtual appliance and deploying it again. This time all went smooth and configuration was successful.

Nicola 

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Is SSD disk required or highly recommended for Fort VM  ?