Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Qlik Users!

Last week I blogged about a Qlik Sense Desktop June 2020 Install Issue. To recap, the software would crash when authenticating if a previous version of Qlik Sense Desktop had been installed.

I am happy to report that this issue is resolved in the Qlik Sense Desktop June 2020 Patch 2 installer. The release is now available on the Qlik download site. After installing, verify the version installed is Qlik Sense Desktop June 2020 Patch 2 Update 1.

It was also communicated that the free version of Qlik Sense Desktop was to end on June 30, 2020. Due to the authentication issue, it was pushed back. The new end date for the free version of Qlik Sense Desktop is now July 14, 2020.

Users will still be able to access their Qlik Sense Apps via their local file system (default path is C:\Users\username\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps) and copy the files to other editions of Qlik Sense. 

To continue working in Qlik Sense Desktop, users must authenticate against either SaaS editions of Qlik Sense or Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows.  Please note: Authentication against Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows requires a professional license.

Qlik Sense Desktop authentication within SaaS editions of Qlik Sense.Qlik Sense Desktop authentication within SaaS editions of Qlik Sense.

For more information, please see the Changes to Qlik Sense Desktop in 2020 FAQ.

If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments below and we will reach out to the appropriate team if we do not have the answer. Please give this post a like if you found it useful and don’t forget to subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog to stay up-to-date!

Kind regards,

Qlik Digital Support

27 Comments
bhavanach
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi I am little confused about how we can access Qlik Sense Desktop. My unserstanding is we can either download and authenticate it if we have Qlik Sense Business or Qlik Sense Enterprise SAAS or Qlik Sense Enterprise Server for Windows. I just took Qlik Sense Business free trail version and I cannot download the desktop . Is it because it's the trail version or authentication with business is not rolled out yet?

Miho_T
Support
Support

Hi @bhavanach , 
You can download Qlik Sense Desktop from Qlik Sense Business trial and authenticate against it as long as it is still active. If you are using the latest version of  Google Chrome (Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and nothing happens after clicking "Download", it might be blocked by the browser. Can you please go to Site Information (the lock mark next to the URL) > Site Setting and "Allow" Insecure content on the site and try again? If it is still not working please register a ticket via Support Portal. 

bhavanach
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Miho_T , it worked.Thank you for the quick response. 

beat_roos
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi I tried all the ideas here with my fresh installed QlikSense Desktop (sept 2020 Version Patch 3) and using the qsd file from developer.qlik.com but it is not working. 

Any idea how I can activate my qliksense desktop version? Thanks a lot!

alvarosoares
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am facing the same issue and cannot download Qlik Sense Desktop June 2020 from Qlik download site.

How can I download it ?

Thanks

Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

Hi Customer,

You can download Qlik Sense Desktop June 2020 and patch 1 from qlik download site. 

1. login qlik.com

2. Under "Support", select "Download"

3. Select "Qlik Sense" from "Data Analytics", "English" language and "Qlik Sense Desktop" product, "June 2020" release.  Then download the software. 

Hope it helps.

Best Regads

Lisa

Miho_T
Support
Support

Hi Customer, 

If you cannot download QSD from your SaaS edition, and cannot access download site, you might not link to any business account. 

Access for full download site is only for the customer who is linked to trial and licensed customers and partners.  

If you are not linked to any business account or you are not sure, please contact Qlik Support via Support Portal. You can register a case as a guest. We will check your setting. 

Best regards,