Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
Katie_Davis
Digital Support
Digital Support

Register for the feature debut! See how the new experience will expedite layout and chart creation, simplify filtering, provide easy access to frequently-used properties, and speed access to data tables and fields.

The new Simplified Authoring Experience will be available in Qlik Sense SaaS on July 5, 2022. After this date, tenant admins will have the option to “turn on” the Simplified Authoring for all their users. This experience makes quickly creating visualizations even easier with a new all-in one interface.

Quick highlights shown in the video below.  For a deep dive overview, register here to watch the On-Demand webinar recording of our  "Do More with Qlik" session on this topic.

Thanks for choosing Qlik!

Qlik Global Support

9 Comments
abc2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Katie_Davis , Thanks for sharing. Can we have some sheets on an app created using the new approach and some using the current approach?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @abc2 

Can you clarify your question? Are you trying to understand if you can have a mixed setup of old and new approaches in the same tenant?

All the best,
Sonja 

abc2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind , Yeah, that was my question. As I understand from some of the videos, it's possible to use both approaches on a single app. Please confirm once.

millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Appreciate how this simplifies some of the most common use cases, however as we often still have need to build complex expressions, I would love to be able to do that in this view as well. While being able to toggle between the two full experiences is good and useful, I would love the ability to toggle just the Properties Pane between the simplified view and the advanced view while keeping the other features of the new experience. This would enable both new developers as well as advanced developers to use this experience. 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

@abc2 Hello!

Users can switch between the two while working in an app, yes. See Managing access to the new authoring experience view.

Toggling the Advanced options slider on will switch them back to the advanced/previous editing option. You can switch back and forth as often as you like.

Sonja_Bauernfeind_0-1657874911597.png

@millerhm Hello! I would recommend posting this as an idea/feature request in our ideas section. Tag me once you have done so since I believe this is a great idea and I'll give it a vote.

millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@Sonja_Bauernfeind - I actually posted this as feedback in the Technical Preview section as at the time, it had only been shown at QW pre-release. If this post can be moved from the back end to the Ideas section, it would be visible to more people as you mentioned. If not, I can re-post it. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Technical-Preview/QW-New-Editing-Experience-Feedback/m-p/1935088#M435 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @millerhm !

I wasn't sure if I can move it - but it worked! Though I am not sure if you want to keep the text as is. Feel free to edit it further (and correct the subject if I got it wrong).

Here is the new link: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/New-Authoring-Experience-Feedback-Enable-quick-toggle-...

millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@Sonja_Bauernfeind - many thanks!

MichelLalancette

Can a user use the Fields (not master items) when developing a page in a published app?

Right now only master items are accessible in the Assets panel when an app is published.