Skip to main content
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager
How can I track app RAM usage over time?

How do I optimize my applications so that they can stay under the limit?

I am happy to introduce our App Analyzer for Qlik Cloud, that can help answer these questions and more.

AppAnalyzerwithborder.png

The app provides insights on:

• App, Table and Field memory footprints
  • Synthetic keys and island tables to help improve app development
  • Threshold analysis for fields, tables, rows and more
  • Reload times and peak RAM utilization by app
  • And much more!

Jamie_Gregory_1-1597163015603.png

The App Analyzer uses a single REST connection to iterate over application metadata endpoints within a tenant. The data retrieve can then be measured against tenant quotas and user-defined thresholds to empower Admins to act on the insights that the app reveals. To see the app in action, check out this demo:

A few things to note:

• This app is provided as-is and is not supported by Qlik Support.
  • It is recommended to always use the latest app.
  • Information is not collected by Qlik when using this app.
Check out Optimizing Qlik Sense SaaS Apps with App Analyzer for an in-depth dive into the App Analyzer.

The app as well as the configuration guide are available via GitHub, linked below. 

Any issues or enhancement requests should be opened on the Issues page within the app’s GitHub repository.

Be sure to subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button to stay up-to-date with the latest Qlik Support announcements. Please give this post a like if you found it helpful!

Kind regards,

Qlik Platform Architects

Additional Resources:

Techspert Talk: Optimizing Qlik Sense SaaS Apps with App Analyzer

Our other monitoring apps for Qlik Cloud can be found below.

66 Comments
SahrierParvez
Contributor III
Contributor III

@squeakie_pig  Thanks it is working but i want to know a particular user how many times see a particular app in a day or in a month.

How i can get this information.

Thanks.

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

@squeakie_pig usage based monitoring is on our roadmap and we are planning to deliver updates to that one as soon as possible. I can't give you a specific date for that right now but I can clearly telly you that the use case of reporting and delivering a better story for usage based reporting is high up on the list. So stay tuned and you will see updates related to that topic over the next couple of weeks.

Thomas

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@Thomas_Hopp will this include information on who is using analyser capacity licenses and which apps they're using? Currently finding out info re analyser capacity usage in SaaS is not possible. I can find out how many minutes have been consumed in total, but not by who, when or which apps... 

(The scenario is to find out users who are high analyser capacity users to move over to a named analyser user)

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @Carl_Hunter the Analyser Capacity and consumption use cases in general are at the top of the list to support them as well within our monitoring capabilities. We are working on it as we speak and you will see updates about this as soon as possible. Regards, Thomas

jjdench
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @Thomas_Hopp has there been any progress with the Analyser Capacity monitoring? And as well as for the Analyser licenses, anything for monitoring users events in an app, e.g. which apps are being used and when? Regards, Justin

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @jjdench see this thread where @Thomas_Hopp said he expected to have this functionality in May... Fingers crossed!

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates-Blog/Qlik-Sense-Analyzer-Capacity-license-usage-monito...

jjdench

Cheers @Carl_Hunter much appreciated! I'll keep my eye out 🤞

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

just adding a statement to the thread here, we are still on track for May and what we are planning to deliver is a new set of API's which will allow you to gather all the data needed to answer all these questions about who is using Analyzer Capacity and which Apps, etc. And at the same time where we are planning to deliver this via the API's, we are working on an App to expose this data. Later on we do have it planned to include this more into the natural user experience of an admin, which would mean more embedded into the product.

I'll keep you guys updated about the status.

Best regards,

Thomas

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @thol ,

thank you very much for these informations.

Does it mean that, for the moment, it is not possible with the available API to know in qlik sense saas, who open which application ?

We tried working with {url}/api/v1/audits/archive?date=yyyy-mm-dd, it is possible to find who connect to the tenant, but it seems not possible to get informations about opening apps. Do you confirm ?

Have a good day !

Joh

Eli
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can Someone tell me what is the difference between Qlik Sense Enterprise and Qlik SaaS

and can we implement the App Analyzer for Qlik Sense Enterprise same as Qlik Saas.

Thanks for your support.