Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are happy to share with you the new Entitlement Analyzer for Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS! This application will enable you to answer questions like: 

• How can I track the usage of my Tenant over time? How are my entitled users using the Tenant? 
  • How can I better understand the usage of Analyzer Capacity vs. Analyzer & Professional Entitlements? 

Entitlement Analyzer.png

The Entitlement Analyzer app provides insights on: 

• Entitlement usage overview across the Tenant 
  • Analyzer Capacity – Detailed usage data and a predication if you have enough 
  • How users are using the system and if they have the right Entitlement assigned to them 
  • Which Apps are used the most by using the NEW "App consumption overview" sheet
  • And much more! 

Analyzer.JPG

The Entitlement Analyzer uses a new API Endpoint to fetch all the required data and will store the history in QVD files to enable even better Analytics over time. 

A few things to note: 

• This app is provided as-is and is not supported by Qlik Support. 
  • It is recommended to always use the latest app. 
  • Information is not collected by Qlik when using this app. 

The app as well as the configuration guide are available via GitHub, linked below. 

Any issues, questions, and enhancement requests should be opened on the Issues page within the app’s GitHub repository.

Be sure to subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button to stay up to date with the latest Qlik Support announcements. Please give this post a like if you found it helpful! 

Kind regards, 

Qlik Platform Architects

Additional Resources:

Our other monitoring apps for Qlik Cloud can be found below.

123 Comments
blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

Hi @Thomas_Hopp: Actually, I was talking about data regarding all types of licenses as I wanted to see how many unique users have used our SaaS-solution over the past months. But when I use "UsageMonthText" as dimension and measure as Count(distinct consumerName), I only see data for June 2021. But I guess the reason then is that data have not been collected before 1st of June 2021 🙂

BR Kim Madsen

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

@blipblopdk  @Thomas_Hopp  Kim and Thomas, I've used the Event API (audits) data to identify how many users over a longer period have been using the system.  However the audits api brings back a lot of  data and takes a while to load, so I run that in a separate app to generate the QVD at midnight and then will incorporate it into my User Analyser app along with Reload information.

All of the api code is available in the App Analyzer product which is also available on the Community and similarly is not officially supported by Qlik, but built by Qlik and Qlik partners.

BR CHris

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

@Thomas_Hopp   I have a question with regard SpaceId within my own app I am returning the correct number of shared (31) and managed (55) spaces, confirmed also within the Qlik MC Assignment metrics.

However using the same expression Count(distinct SpaceId) I am getting (25) and (44) in the new Entitlement Analyzer.  I have been able to identify the missing spaces and I am either an owner or admin in all of them.

Any ideas?

CHris

alexmoreno
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Thomas_Hopp ,

Thanks a lot for the app, it is really useful. However, I see something wrong. In our case we have 5000 analyzer capacity minutes, now we are at 100% usage according to the management console, but in the app I see we have consumed only 3444 minutes (68,9% of usage).

Is it something related to the fact that you are excluding in the app some events that in the next days as you explained in the other related post won't consume time?

Thanks!

Àlex Moreno

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @alexmoreno  @Thomas_Hopp  we have a similar issue, customer has 9000 minutes, Management console is reporting significantly more than the new API/entitlement analyser. I've not raised with support yet, as I've seen a few posts re this on community

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

quick status update. busy start into the week. Will get back to your questions / comments ASAP.

Thomas

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi all, I'll discuss those question from above with the Developer of the App asap. Vacation time kicks in here into this a little big. But in the meantime and to share some additional information with you, we are working towards the delivery of an Event that allows you to understand who, when and how often was using which App. This is to share the usage of the Tenant even more. More updates on this soon and we are considering this as an option to be added to the Entitlement Analyzer as well to complete the picture even more.

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Great that you are adding more features, but, there is an outstanding problem with the way analyser capacity time is being reported... 

Any update @Thomas_Hopp @Jamie_Gregory ? 

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Carl_Hunter The developer of the app is still out on Holiday. It will be addressed when he returns but I do not have an ETA at this time. We will keep you posted 🙂

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

@Carl_Hunter @alexmoreno to give you a quick update and sorry that it took us a while to get back to you with a more concrete answer. Kostas (The guy who made the App) and myself had a chat about this during the morning. It is something we saw ourselves when we tested it. This difference will go away asap as we are still adding Engine Flags to support the monitoring in a better way. But what you see in the App is what the truth will be. We will update you as soon as we have more details to share (I'm on leave next week) but others are monitoring this too.

BR, Thomas