Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are happy to share with you the new Entitlement Analyzer for Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS! This application will enable you to answer questions like: 

• How can I track the usage of my Tenant over time? How are my entitled users using the Tenant? 
  • How can I better understand the usage of Analyzer Capacity vs. Analyzer & Professional Entitlements? 

Entitlement Analyzer.png

The Entitlement Analyzer app provides insights on: 

• Entitlement usage overview across the Tenant 
  • Analyzer Capacity – Detailed usage data and a predication if you have enough 
  • How users are using the system and if they have the right Entitlement assigned to them 
  • Which Apps are used the most by using the NEW "App consumption overview" sheet
  • And much more! 

Analyzer.JPG

The Entitlement Analyzer uses a new API Endpoint to fetch all the required data and will store the history in QVD files to enable even better Analytics over time. 

A few things to note: 

• This app is provided as-is and is not supported by Qlik Support. 
  • It is recommended to always use the latest app. 
  • Information is not collected by Qlik when using this app. 

The app as well as the configuration guide are available via GitHub, linked below. 

Any issues, questions, and enhancement requests should be opened on the Issues page within the app’s GitHub repository.

Be sure to subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button to stay up to date with the latest Qlik Support announcements. Please give this post a like if you found it helpful! 

Kind regards, 

Qlik Platform Architects

Additional Resources:

Our other monitoring apps for Qlik Cloud can be found below.

123 Comments
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

@chaas So glad to hear!

All the best,
Sonja 

Alastair_Ometis
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

has there been a change to the data reported by the licenses/consumption endpoint? around Tuesday last week?

We have noticed a huge spike in Sessions being reported. One user has gone from using about 200 sessions per month to 2.5k in March alone.

On investigation this user has API keys associated with it for a number of different purposes including Qlik Data Transfer.

Looking into the measures in the Entitlement Analyzer App I can see that the "id" field from the Entitlement_Consumption table is used in the Sessions Measures and not the "sessionId" field.

A large number of these rows have a sessionId of '', when I filter them out the sessions measures for this User appear to correlate with previous trends.

kmn
Employee
Employee

Hi @Alastair_Ometis 
The correct expression to count sessions related to entitlement consumption is what is currently used in the app (master measures) and that is count(id). sessionId is an engine-related session that can be empty in some cases and therefore we do not use that to count entitlement-related sessions/events. I hope that covers your question.
Regards,

Kostas

MLaverick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Is there a way to only view users who currently have a licence applied?  It shows me usage for users who've had their licence removed and makes it hard to look at which users are not currently utilising their licence.  

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@kmn - thanks for the clarification of "entitlement  consumption session" and "engine session". Are you able to answer the first question @Alastair_Ometis asked about the endpoint that counts the sessions? As he said, we've seen sessions for a single user that is used by Qlik DataTransfer go up by well over 10x. It seems to mostly affect Qlik DataTransfer but we have seen an increase generally out of line with any potential growth in actual usage... 

kmn
Employee
Employee

@AlexOmetis  those sessions are most likely engine sessions and are getting triggered via the user that runs Qlik Data Transfer. Qlik Data Transfer is essentially calling the spaces, temporary-contents, and qix-datafiles endpoints non-stop while it's uploading flat-files and QVDs. So that could be a very good explanation of why you are seeing that increase.

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@kmn I'm sorry to keep pressing the issue, but are you confirming that the logging of those sessions is a new thing that was released a few weeks ago? QDT has been running for this customer for over 2 years and this is the first time they're seeing thousands of sessions a day and they're understandably wanting to know why. There's nothing in the release notes (here, here or here) that I can see about a change in logging detail/approach. 

If that is the case, it's probably a good thing - more logging is generally helpful. However if that's not the case, then we may need to look deeper into this as it could indicate a system or security issue.

kmn
Employee
Employee

@AlexOmetis I said it could be / that's what strikes me as the most reasonable explanation. That being said, I will need to examine this more thoroughly to give you a more confident response.

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Exact Version of the Qlik Data Transfer?

Luis_Arocho-LLantin

Do you collect logs to improve the application?