Skip to main content
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Qlik Users!

We are pleased to announce the new April 2020 releases for Qlik Sense and Qlik NPrinting!

Qlik Sense April 2020 includes a new organization chart, pivot table improvements, several enhancements to the map chart, and many more features and improvements! Check out the Help site for more information on the features. For resolved issues, please see the release notes.

The April release also brings many of the same features to the Cloud editions of Qlik Sense. For more information on the specific changes, please see the change log.

In Qlik NPrinting April 2020, you’ll have the ability to create dynamic recipient email distributions! Support for Windows 2019 has been added as well. Please review the release notes for more information on the new features and fixes.

The April 2020 releases are now available on the Qlik download site. As with all software, please follow best practices when upgrading by backing up your Qlik Sense or Qlik NPrinting environment and testing the patch in a QA environment first. For Qlik Sense upgrades, please check out the Qlik Sense Upgrade Guide for helpful tips.

Be sure to subscribe to the Qlik Support Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button to stay up-to-date with the latest releases.

QlikView April 2020 will be available a little later this month so be sure to check back for that announcement!

Thank you for choosing Qlik!

Kind Regards,

Qlik Global Support

23 Comments
er77
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I updated from Feb 2020 to April 2020 and no needs to create again new certs for me!

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ThiebaudS Oh I see. I tested and was not prompted to recreate the certs. I do not know off hand why this would happen. I have reached out to the team to see if we can get an explanation. I'll let you know when I hear back.

reljourbagy
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I have performed a few installs and it appears once you upgrade the certs for Nov 2019 SR6 forward you don't have to do it again. I have noted starting in Feb 2020 it prompts if you want to upgrade the certs at that point which appears to fix the certs without the manual effort. Going from Feb 2020 to April 2020 I noted no issues.

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Jamie_GregoryIt may only happen with non-English Windows versions, mine was in French

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ThiebaudS R&D recommended looking at the properties of the certs in MMC to see if Basic Constraints: critical CA:TRUE is actually there.  Here is an article with the steps for checking. If this should happen again or if you have not upgraded yet, please make a backup of the cert and send to us (either PM me or create a case and link this Community post to it) so the team can review it.

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Worth noting that they updated that article today as it used to have the wrong information in there under what to check for under Basic Constraints - it is now correct in saying that you should see "Subject Type=CA" under Basic Constraints. 

0 Likes
JimD
Contributor
Contributor

We are currently on the November 2019 release, would the April 2020 Qlik_Sense_Setup.exe include February 2020 or would I need to install both of them separately?

0 Likes
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

JimD, you may upgrade directly from November 2019 to April 2020.  

JimD
Contributor
Contributor

@Jay_Brown  Thank you

0 Likes
ssice
Contributor
Contributor

Could you share  Qlik NPrinting April 2020 with me via google drive? I can't download this product.