Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Qlik Users!

Last week I blogged about a Qlik Sense Desktop June 2020 Install Issue. To recap, the software would crash when authenticating if a previous version of Qlik Sense Desktop had been installed.

I am happy to report that this issue is resolved in the Qlik Sense Desktop June 2020 Patch 2 installer. The release is now available on the Qlik download site. After installing, verify the version installed is Qlik Sense Desktop June 2020 Patch 2 Update 1.

It was also communicated that the free version of Qlik Sense Desktop was to end on June 30, 2020. Due to the authentication issue, it was pushed back. The new end date for the free version of Qlik Sense Desktop is now July 14, 2020.

Users will still be able to access their Qlik Sense Apps via their local file system (default path is C:\Users\username\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps) and copy the files to other editions of Qlik Sense. 

To continue working in Qlik Sense Desktop, users must authenticate against either SaaS editions of Qlik Sense or Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows.  Please note: Authentication against Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows requires a professional license.

Qlik Sense Desktop authentication within SaaS editions of Qlik Sense.Qlik Sense Desktop authentication within SaaS editions of Qlik Sense.

For more information, please see the Changes to Qlik Sense Desktop in 2020 FAQ.

If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments below and we will reach out to the appropriate team if we do not have the answer. Please give this post a like if you found it useful and don’t forget to subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog to stay up-to-date!

Kind regards,

Qlik Digital Support

27 Comments
ArnaudD
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I can't manage to get this Qlik Sense Desktop June 2020 Patch 2 installer as the link you provided only goes to Qlikview download.

Can you please provide the link to this installer download?

thx

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArnaudD Please make sure you're logging in with the correct credentials. If you normally have access to Qlik Sense downloads, please try a different browser or clearing your cache. If you think there is an issue with your account, you will want to reach out to Customer Support.

0 Likes
Hann
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @Jamie_Gregory ,

I have 2 question.

1. "Please note: Authentication against Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows requires a professional license". Does this mean user with the analyzer license won't be able to access the Qlik Sense Desktop?

2. My client is currently using the QS Server version June 2019. The user mostly use the June 2019 version of QS Desktop. But none of them are managed to authenticate.

Regards,

Hannan Ahmad

0 Likes
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hann Correct, an analyzer will not work if authenticating against Qlik Sense Enterprise. 

Please see this new thread for troubleshooting authentication issues: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/Troubleshooting-Qlik-Sense-Desktop-Authentic...

-itsglen-
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I click the button "Authenticate against Qlik Sense Enerprise or Qlick sense business"

I get:

QlikSenseBrowser has stopped working.

I have tried restarting computer, turning off all firewalls, running as administrator etc... every time it crashes as soon as I click the button which has "https://xxxx.us.qlickcloud.com" xxxx= our tenant.

I am running June 2020 patch 3

Hann

Hi @Jamie_Gregory 

I also found out that even if the client have the professional license, only production and development license have the access to the qlik sense desktop. Test license don't have access to the qlik sense desktop (https://support.qlik.com/articles/000033603)

I think more information about the type of client license should be more specified so it is clear for the partner to troubleshoot if there is any issue arise. 

-itsglen-
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure what license we have - just upgraded to June patch 3 and have not been able to get past clicking authenticate.
I read the link you shared and it seems in the instance of test license an error message from Qlik is displayed.

we are not getting an error message - Qliksense Is crashing and the message we are getting is a windows “application has stopped working” message. We pay for qliksense business and only do so to be able to use Desktop so this is very frustrating.
Ozone
Contributor
Contributor

I still have the same issue as -Itsglen above.

Just closes when authenticating

Running June 2020 Patch 2 Update 1

-itsglen-
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Ozone - I uninstalled Jun 2020 Patch 3 and then installed June 2020 Patch 2 update 1 and it lets me get in. 

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@-itsglen-  If it's still crashing, please try cleaning up the installation and reinstalling and see if that helps please.