Skip to main content
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Qlik Users!

Icon_QV_Engine_grey.png

QlikView 12.50 SR4 is now available on the Qlik Download site!

As usual, please make sure to follow best practices:

If you have any questions, please make sure to ‘Like’ the blog if you found it useful and subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog so you can be notified.

Thank you for choosing Qlik!

Kind regards,

Qlik Digital Support

14 Comments
jacob_hoffmann
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Great news!

Installed in two separate environments. No new problems introduced or detected. Performs well and installs fast.

Beware that the install shield say that you are installing 2020 APR SR3 in the first windows in the install process. Made me wonder if I actually downloaded the right version. Perhaps a minor typo or maybe I misread something 🙂 Check it out Qlik.

Good job!

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @jacob_hoffmann 

I'm glad everything is going well with the new version!

The first window is pulling the version of what is currently installed. The rest of the windows will display 2020 SR4. 

markovalexsey
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,
in sr4 export to XLSX of numeric tables in general (mixed/text) mode, previously in sr3 it was in numeric mode,
sad,
[Settings 7]
ExcelExportMixedAsText=0
does not work

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @markovalexsey , this was an intentional change per the release notes:

REAL number format is lost sometimes when export to Excel
Jira issue ID: QV-21505
QV number format string is different from Excel's. Sometimes they're compatible, sometimes not. When QV
REAL num format cannot be converted to Excel's, the data cell has earlier been exported as a number without
format, which makes it looks differently from QV charts. This change fixes issue by exporting data cell as
"General" format and correct representation

R&D tried to change the behavior to export QV number format as Number in Excel to improve the experience, but unfortunately it caused more issues. They ultimately decided to revert back to the original behavior, which is export as text.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

markovalexsey
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello, @Jamie_Gregory , Thank you for your reply.

Even considering that "REAL number format is lost sometimes when export to Excel",

is it possible to make it so that the setting on the server

[Settings 7]
ExcelExportMixedAsText=0

changed the behavior to export QV number format as Number in Excel?

marcus_sommer

Hello @Jamie_Gregory,

please bring the topic back to the R&D to implement customizable options for the export-behaviour so that the user could choose its settings - maybe one as standard and one as fallback by any conflict. And ideally not as global configuration within the settings.ini else on a document- or even object-level.

Further it would be useful to know what were those conflicts and in which scenarios did they happens. I assume that these issues are mainly related to different releases of Excel respectively the way of usage (offline/online), different platforms (Windows, Android, IOS) and different regional settings (especially the delimiters). If it's documented the users may be able to bypass the conflicts.

- Marcus

KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

@Jamie_GregoryIs there a workaround for this "REAL number format is lost sometimes when export to Excel"??? It seems the issue is affecting many people here. (I'm one of them) This is because some of our expressions allow user to change the formatting of the number, so we cannot fix it to a number format in QlikView. (we need to use the "expression default" format)

markovalexsey
Contributor III
Contributor III

markovalexsey_0-1614766477430.png

@KHSDM 

for example, by means of Excel, removing the space of the digits and formatting as a number, if that's what you mean

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @marcus_sommer!

The idea that you brought up here:

please bring the topic back to the R&D to implement customizable options for the export-behaviour so that the user could choose its settings - maybe one as standard and one as fallback by any conflict. And ideally not as global configuration within the settings.ini else on a document- or even object-level.

Further it would be useful to know what were those conflicts and in which scenarios did they happens. I assume that these issues are mainly related to different releases of Excel respectively the way of usage (offline/online), different platforms (Windows, Android, IOS) and different regional settings (especially the delimiters). If it's documented the users may be able to bypass the conflicts.

- Marcus

Is something we'd love to see posted in the Ideas section. And I'd encourage everyone else who has been bringing up ideas in this thread and concerns to check it out as well and leave their votes and feedback.

We'd make certain our Devs are informed of the idea to help give visibility. 

Tagging @KHSDM and @markovalexsey for completion's sake.

Feel free to tag me once the idea has been created so I can forward the link to the correct people.

-Sonja 

marcus_sommer