Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • “How can I monitor reloads across the tenant?” 
  • “How can I see what data connections and files are being used?” 
  •  “How can I view reload concurrency and peak reload RAM over time?” 

To help answer these questions, we are happy to share with you the capabilities of our Reload Analyzer for Qlik Sense SaaS! 

Jamie_Gregory_0-1627925970959.png

The Reload Analyzer app provides insights on: 

• Number of reloads by type (Scheduled, Hub, In App, API) and by user 
  • Data connections and used files of each app’s most recent reload 
  • Reload concurrency and peak reload RAM 
  • Reload tasks and their respective statuses 
  • And much more! 

Jamie_Gregory_1-1627925970960.png

(Available sheets) 

The Reload Analyzer uses Qlik’s RESTful APIs to fetch all the required data and stores the history in QVD files, allowing for efficient reloads and historical analysis. 

A few things to note: 

• This app is provided as-is and is not supported by Qlik Support. 
  • It is recommended to always use the latest app. 
  • Information is not collected by Qlik when using this app. 

The app as well as the configuration guide are available via GitHub, linked below. 

Any issues or enhancement requests should be opened on the Issues page within the app’s GitHub repository.

Be sure to subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button to stay up-to-date with the latest Qlik Support announcements. Please give this post a like if you found it helpful! 

Kind regards, 

Qlik Digital Support Team 

Additional Resources:

Our other monitoring apps for Qlik Cloud can be found below.

24 Comments
ttibrandsqliksense
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm getting the below error under "Incremental Section" when trying to reload the script whenever there is already a saved qvd file.

The following error occurred:
Field '_AuditReloadKey' not found

The error occurred here:
Map__AuditReloadKey_ReloadUserID:
MAPPING LOAD DISTINCT _AuditReloadKey, ReloadUserID RESIDENT Reloads

When I checked the generated qvd file, the _AuditReloadKey field is missing.

Hope you can help fix the error.

Thanks!
Daniel_Pilla
Employee
Employee

Hi @ttibrandsqliksense ,

I believe that issue arises when you reload the application on a tenant that doesn't have any reloads by any other app (a new tenant). Can you please try deleting the `reload_analyzer*.qvd`s and reloading the app? Let me know if that fixes the issue.

If this is not the case, can you please provide more context around the failure? E.g., when did this issue arise? Is this error occurring after its been running for a while?

Cheers,

ttibrandsqliksense
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for you reply.

A fresh reload where no QVDS are generated yet, the app works fine; but when I try to reload after a few minutes, i'm getting 

Field '_AuditReloadKey' not found

The error occurred here:
Map__AuditReloadKey_ReloadUserID:
MAPPING LOAD DISTINCT _AuditReloadKey, ReloadUserID RESIDENT Reloads

The error comes from "SUB conns_and_spaces_names" Section (apologies as I have type "Incremental Section" previously)

I already tried deleting the qvds and it works on the first run but the succeeding reloads generate the above error.

Thanks!
Daniel_Pilla
Employee
Employee

Hi @ttibrandsqliksense ,

I cannot replicate your error, nor has anyone reported that specific error to me before. Please ensure you've done the following:

1. Delete the current Reload Analyzer app that you have, and all `reload_analyzer*.qvd` files.
  2. Download the latest version of the Reload Analyzer, which is 2.0.7.
  3. Ensure you've followed the configuration guide properly, including making sure that your user is a Tenant Admin.
  4. To be safe, make sure that at least one other app has been reloaded before on the tenant. In addition, ensure you have at least one reload task on the tenant. These two issues have caused reload failures before.
  5. Leave all of the optional variables as default, only changing the required variables (`vu_tenant_fqdn` and `vu_rest_connection`).
  6. Reload the application, once, then again to ensure the incremental load works.

This application is used by hundreds of customers, and I just tested it on a few different environments without issue. I'm inclined to believe its a localized issue within your setup. If you still cannot get it working after following the above, please create a support case and reference myself in it.

Cheers,

ttibrandsqliksense
Contributor II
Contributor II

HI Daniel,

Thanks, I'll try to review the configuration.

andreaslarsen
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

I get the following error when trying to run the analyzer in parent mode which collects data from 2 other tenants in QlikMetaCollection/CompiledTenants. It seems to not concatenate the files correctly, and tries to store into the -11 file.

20230210T093736.319+0000 1943 Store TenantMetadata Into [lib://Azure Data Connections Prod:Qlik Monitor Apps/QlikMetaCollection/CompiledTenants/Monitoring/Reload Analyzer/TenantMetadata.qvd](qvd)
20230210T093736.395+0000 1944 Trace TenantMetadata stored!
20230210T093736.395+0000 1944 TenantMetadata stored!
20230210T093736.395+0000 1945
20230210T093736.395+0000 1945 Next i
20230210T093736.395+0000 1941 Let vTableName = TableName(4)
20230210T093736.395+0000 1942 Trace Storing ReloadTasks-11.
20230210T093736.395+0000 1942 Storing ReloadTasks-11.
20230210T093736.395+0000 1943
20230210T093736.395+0000 Error: Unexpected token: '-', expected one of: ',', 'as', 'from', 'into'
20230210T093736.396+0000 Execution Failed
20230210T093736.398+0000 Execution finished.

generalisupport
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Jamie_Gregory , we have installed the 2.0.7 version on our SaaS tenant, but at a first glance I don't understand why the Automation Reloads (analyzed by Reload Start Year-Month) is so different from the Automation Executed each month displayed in the Console - Home.
More specifically, let's say we have 2k automation reloads in March on the app, then we have 8k reloads in the Console.

How are the reloads counted on both sides?

Daniel_Pilla
Employee
Employee

Hi @generalisupport ,

The Reload Analyzer includes reloads for existing applications only within the timeframe that the Reload Analyzer is evaluating. Then, it identifies whether each reload is flagged with being triggered by an automation and counts those reloads. It does not count the number of automation runs. It counts the number of reloads that were triggered by an automation.

Cheers,

kurt4arhaus
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

We need to see which reload tasks are currently running. There are instances where a reload becomes a runaway and does not complete after 3+ hours.

Having visibility will allow us to cancel the reload.

Many thanks.

generalisupport
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Daniel_Pilla , today we received the error 

The following error occurred:
 (Connector error: Timeout when waiting for HTTP response from server. Increase the <Timeout> value in your settings.)

But I don't see any timeout value in the script. Is it referring to tenant settings?