Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Troubleshooting Qlik Sense – Section Access 1/15

In this video we will talk about:

• A short introduction of the Section Access functionality

• Comparison between Section Access in QlikView and Qlik Sense

• Common pitfalls and how to avoid them

• Migration considerations from QlikView to Qlik Sense

For best viewing, we recommend you set the highest video resolution.

Q&A - Troubleshooting Qlik Sense - Section Access

Q: I don't understand "UserNoAccess.  Is that a field since it's written as one word?

A: That is one of the users in the Section Access part of the script.

Q: Why did Stage One disappear from My Work area?

A: Because it was published to a stream. As soon as an app is published in a stream it will be removed from My Work. Therefore you should have an original in your My Work area. The original is then copied and published to a stream.

Q: Does "ALL" still work in the data reduction field?

A: If you are referring to adding a not existing value in the Section Access script then yes, it works.

Q: Was  the strict exclusion in QS a techinal limitaion or a consious choice?

A: I’m sorry, but I don’t have an answer for this question at this point

Q: What is the name of the (Chrome) extension that Denis used to change between the different users?

A: This is built in functionality in Google Chrome. If you want to learn more about it please check https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824?hl=en

Q: You have the SA_SCHEDULER explicitly linked to each value - does it not work with just 1 row with no value or * ?

A: Yes, it does. You can have * to include all listed values in the Section Access script i.e. you don’t have to explicitly specify each value.

Q: Why wouldn't QS just automatically concatenate a "ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER, *" to all Section Accesses to prevent lock out?

A: First of all ADMIN (ACCESS=ADMIN) shouldn’t be used in Qlik Sense. It is unfortunately not documented in 1.1 Qlik Sense documentation but it will be updated. Second, yes that might be an good idea as long as you have the Section Access script in an include file. Otherwise it won’t be helpful as you still can use INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER to open the app and edit the script.

Q: Just to confirm: Section Access doesn't work (yet) in Sense Desktop... does that mean that there is no security on documents created or reloaded on desktop?

A: As stated in the documentation for Qlik Sense Desktop: Security or authentication functionality is not supported

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Desktop/Content/Introduction/WhatIsDesktop.h...

Q: Is it possible to use more than one field to restrict the access?

A: Yes it is. However, try to limit the amount of reduction fields as it very easily could get complex and hard to foresee all consequences. But from a strictly technical point of view, yes you can have several reduction fields.

Q: Can the section access script be 'hidden' as it can in Qlikview ?

A: There is no “Hidden script” functionality as in QlikView. However, you could store the section access script in a “include” file.

Q: Is it still possible to use * iin SA? Does it include all values in the model or just those included in SA, just like QlikView?

A: Yes, it is still possible to use * in Qlik Sense and includes those values you have in your Section Access script. Values that isn’t present in Section Access but further down in the model won’t be present

0 Replies