Qlik Community

Third-Party Qlik Jobs

Area for people to learn more about current Qlik related job postings.

vamshi_1957
Contributor II

Batch file to reload a qvw for running a macro to export excel

Hi

I have created a batch file to open, partial reload and save the qvw file. I also gave a "OnPostReload" trigger to run the macro and export a sheet object to a excel sheet. The code i have used is here:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.EXE" /rp %V_QVW%    {V_QVW is a variable to which i gave the name of the qvw file}

Initally i used /r but due to time constraint i started using /rp. But i could not really understand what is the exact difference between /r and / rp.  Although, i came up with some errors for some reports if i use /rp.

Here is the problem, i have 80 similar qvw files. If i create 80 batch files and create a task for each having the trigger at same time, will they work? At a time how many instances can be run on qlikview?

Please suggest me a better way/solution.

Thank You in advance

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Batch file to reload a qvw for running a macro to export excel

Hi,

I can't answeer all your question, but the /rp is a partial reload. This would mean that nothing is reloaded unless the word replace is in front of the load statement. Then only those tables will reload.

Bill

vamshi_1957
Contributor II

Thank you for your response.

My script does not contain any replace load. I just want to get the latest data (just using load script). So, in this case, will nothing be reloaded? But i can see that the macro is running and exporting the excel file. Without completion of reload, macro should not run right!

Employee
Employee

Then the /rp is not doing anything for you. It is just running through the script looking for replace load and being it doesn't see it no data is loaded.

Bill

vamshi_1957
Contributor II

Thank you very much for that information. That explains the difference between /r and /rp.

So, i have have to use /r then. But the problem is that i have 80 similar files and those has to be reloaded (Some on daily, some on weekly and some on monthly basis). Here comes the issue. Is there a way how can i run them at once.

Employee
Employee

Check out my reply on post Reloading Tech

Bill