Qlik Community

Third-Party Qlik Jobs

Area for people to learn more about current Qlik related job postings.

Highlighted
jaryszek2
Contributor

store qvd to csv with unicode big endian

Hi guys,

how can i achive this?

I want to store my csv with unicode or unicode big endian code page...

Thanks for helping,

Jacek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: store qvd to csv with unicode big endian

The txt store-output from Qlik will have UTF8 as fileformat and AFAIK it's not changeable. But there are various tools available, for example notepad++ which could convert such file-formattings and probably there are also some which could be automated in some way. Even vbs-macros should be possible like this one: Re: Ansi codification.

I assume that this question is related to What is the difference between 2 stored csv files? Page encoding and I could imagine that you could convert it on the MS SQL Server side by not inserting the data directly else by loading them into an extra table and then using a query on this table to convert the critical fields and inserting it into your target-table.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

The txt store-output from Qlik will have UTF8 as fileformat and AFAIK it's not changeable. But there are various tools available, for example notepad++ which could convert such file-formattings and probably there are also some which could be automated in some way. Even vbs-macros should be possible like this one: Re: Ansi codification.

I assume that this question is related to What is the difference between 2 stored csv files? Page encoding and I could imagine that you could convert it on the MS SQL Server side by not inserting the data directly else by loading them into an extra table and then using a query on this table to convert the critical fields and inserting it into your target-table.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

jaryszek2
Contributor

Hi Marcus,

thank you for your answer.

I solved the problem.

MS SQL Server can read Unicode characters only

Best Wishes,

Jacek