Qlik Community

Third-Party Qlik Jobs

Area for people to learn more about current Qlik related job postings.

jaryszek2
New Contributor III

store qvd to csv with unicode big endian

Hi guys,

how can i achive this?

I want to store my csv with unicode or unicode big endian code page...

Thanks for helping,

Jacek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: store qvd to csv with unicode big endian

The txt store-output from Qlik will have UTF8 as fileformat and AFAIK it's not changeable. But there are various tools available, for example notepad++ which could convert such file-formattings and probably there are also some which could be automated in some way. Even vbs-macros should be possible like this one: Re: Ansi codification.

I assume that this question is related to What is the difference between 2 stored csv files? Page encoding and I could imagine that you could convert it on the MS SQL Server side by not inserting the data directly else by loading them into an extra table and then using a query on this table to convert the critical fields and inserting it into your target-table.

- Marcus

2 Replies

The txt store-output from Qlik will have UTF8 as fileformat and AFAIK it's not changeable. But there are various tools available, for example notepad++ which could convert such file-formattings and probably there are also some which could be automated in some way. Even vbs-macros should be possible like this one: Re: Ansi codification.

I assume that this question is related to What is the difference between 2 stored csv files? Page encoding and I could imagine that you could convert it on the MS SQL Server side by not inserting the data directly else by loading them into an extra table and then using a query on this table to convert the critical fields and inserting it into your target-table.

- Marcus

jaryszek2
New Contributor III

Hi Marcus,

thank you for your answer.

I solved the problem.

MS SQL Server can read Unicode characters only

Best Wishes,

Jacek

Community Browser