Catalog capabilities are now available in SaaS editions of Qlik Sense

Last Update:

Aug 11, 2021 2:49:01 PM

Updated By:

Sue_Macaluso

Created date:

Aug 11, 2021 2:48:17 PM

Transcript

Hey guys this is Mike Tarallo with Qlik, and welcome to SaaS n60 this week we introduce you to a new data first experience in the Qlik Sense SaaS hub with our new data catalog capability. A foundation for additional related functionality in the future in this initial release users can now add supported data files to spaces directly from the toolbar and make them visible front and center in the Qlik Sense hub once uploaded a user can view or assign tags alternative business names and other metadata properties they also can perform data profiling as well as view sample data making it easy to find classify and determine which data is best to be used within a new or existing app with our new integrated data cataloging. Users will spend less time finding data and more time getting value out of it and that is your SaaS n60.

Catalog Capabilities added to Qlik Sense SaaS

Hey guys this is Mike Tarallo with Qlik and in this video, I’m going to take a few minutes and demonstrate one of our latest capabilities within our Qlik Sense February 2021 release integrated Data Cataloging. So Qlik Sense SaaS either enterprise or business is now going to provide a data first experience if you will directly from the Qlik Sense hub it offers an initial set of data cataloging capabilities that will be the foundation for additional related functionality in the future this integrated data cataloging is going to allow users to spend less time finding data and more time getting value out of it in this initial release users can now add supported data files to spaces directly from the toolbar and once that data has uploaded a user can view or assign tags alternative business names and other metadata properties they also can perform data profiling as well as view sample data making it easy to find classify and determine which data is best to use within a newer existing app let me give you a brief demonstration okay to start out I’m in the Qlik Sense hub and this could be either Qlik Sense enterprise or Qlik Sense Business and just to demonstrate what I meant about a data first experience you now have your data assets available to you directly on your home page if you want. Now this homepage can be completely customized and I’m not going to go into that in this particular video but if I wanted just to view any of the data assets immediately that I wanted to create my apps from or see what's available in my enterprise I can look at it right here, so I can click view all and it brings me directly to all the data assets at a larger screen I can select any one of these assets and view more information or create an app from them but to start out let's just add a new data asset in this case I’m going to click add new you can see directly from the toolbar I can select a data file and these are all the supported file types for this initial release I can choose a space I’m going to put it in the retro gaming, space click browse to navigate to my data folder and here we're just going to select a new date getting started data and click upload okay once that's been uploaded it's been placed into that particular area and you can see it's available here the sub menu here allows me to see detailed properties i can add this to a collection I can create an app from the data or profile the data or I can go in and view a larger view of those particular data properties if I go back and I just click on edit I can give it a user-friendly business name here I'll just call this called video game sales can provide a description we can provide tags for easy identification and searching and then also we could add custom properties some of these properties are listed here.  Under the add property button right now these are purely informational but they will have some function in the future such as driving behavior so for example, if i flag something as sensitive information perhaps it will mask that data when it's displayed within the app I can also profile this data and look at the various metadata attributes so here we have name data type distinct values null values etc. I can choose which columns I would like to view or not I can also switch this profile view and look at sample data and then finally going back to the data set view if I'd like I can go in here and create an app from this data navigate to the apps and there it is okay guys that's all I have I appreciate your time if you're interested in experiencing this for yourself. Just log on to your SaaS tenants whether it's Qlik Sense Enterprise or Qlik Sense Business and you can begin using this feature right away if you don't have a Qlik Sense Enterprise or Business subscription you can always click try for free fill out the appropriate information in the forum and you can get a 30-day trial.  Have a good one take care.

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2021-08-11 02:49 PM
Updated by: