Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yukiaizaw
Contributor
Contributor

Configurable ODBC and password protection

Hi Dear QV community,

Planning to move on-premise to cloud environment.  One of choice to authorize user in QVS and QVWS is 'Configurable ODBC' option in Direct Service Connectors.  In the instruction of its manual says needing two tables containing :

Groups table

• entityid (unique identifier, suitable for primary key)
  • name (string) (the name of this field is defined by the Entity Name setting below)
  • descr (string)
  • email (string)

Entity table

• groupid
  • memberid

I am using a usage table in DB and create those via ODBC and  manage to authentication in QMC,  set DMS authorization in QVS and Ntlm in QVWS.  I am wondering how this table will authorize username and password when user login to Access Point, and keeping proper security.   

Because of avoid Active Directory due to network configuration issue and has to use user name table in its network,  this is only choice I have now. With Single Sign-On (SSO) Reverse Proxy is only one solution for this configuration, I think.  From out side of network SSO will check username and QVWS will send back authentication, but no password check. 

This would be the most issue in cloud or similar IaaS configuration.  

Is there any advice for me the best solution to able to securely identify users in proper way?

0 Replies