Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swuehl
MVP
MVP

New platform: Any way to search for my posts, the ones I replied and the ones I authored?

Hi all,

is there an easy option to find all my posts, filtering on the ones I replied to question and the ones I authored?

I guess the subscription info under my profile could give me some information, but it's only showing posts starting from the migration and does not seem to have filter options.

Best

Stefan

24 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

@Melissa_Potvin wrote:

if you search by a name, you will see a tab beneath for "posts" or "users" .  if you click on users you will see you can then click on their content, in my case it shows "45 posts"  which was clickable (I liked this) from profile page the number was not -  not sure it directly addresses your question but thought it may come in handy..

user profile  content.png

Try doing that with my username... 🙂

swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

Hallo Edgar,

meinst du diesen Beitrag von dir?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Community-Help-Discussions/Sprung-in-eine-andere-Analyse-mit-%C3%...

Ich sehe alle Beiträge in Deutsch.

Kann es sein, dass du ganz oben neben deinem Profilbild und email-Zeichen eine Sprache ausgewählt hast? Dann könnte eine automatische Übersetzung reinfunken.

Die Einstellung von Englisch als Standardsprache im Profil sollte hier nichts machen, ist bei mir genauso.

Gruß

Stefan

swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Peter,

if I use the advanced search as you described, I get a list of 53 posts of myself back.

I vaguely remember there must be more...

Do you see all of my posts? Or yours?

Best 

Stefan

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

OK and Thank you Marcus for the honest feedback.  I will ponder on this,  speak to a few others and get back to you.  

marcus_sommer

It's really quite difficult to search for anything ... especially as it need to be within the right community-area ... and also that it seems that no wildcard-search with * or ? is available and also that you couldn't restrict the search for a combination of terms, for example "symbol tables" does return everything which contained symbol or tables and not only those which contain "symbol tables".

Nevertheless I found with the following method more postings:

search.JPG

- Marcus

swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

Right Marcus,

I can see now a lot more of my posts.

Still, the possibility to filter on creator of the thread (in other words, author of the question), and creator of an answer would be really valuable.

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

hahaha!, I see way more than 45 for you 🙂
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

concerns duly noted. I am going to take this back to the team while simultaneously do more research on this topic in lithosphere.. stay tuned!
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're right Stefan, and indeed we may have to be patient for a while longer.

For example, I see this thread as the mixed-language discussion that it really is now (German is just fine for me). But when I experiment and use the language selector to ask Google translate to translate into Dutch (my native language), it only translates the English-language posts. Your and Edgar's posts stay in German. Back to the original community language in-a-hurry 😉

Let's hope that Google Translate is capable in the first place to translate mixed-language pages into a single selected language. Then it's just a configuration issue...

swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Peter,

I believe it only looks like it does only translate englisch to target language.

If I select dutch as target language, our german replies are partly translated. Seems like German is too hard to handle for Google.

It gets more obvious if you select Chinese:

2018-11-15 17_47_40-回复:新平台:任何方法来搜索我的职位,... - 第2页 - Qlik社区.png