How Lending Institutions use Qlik
The above video was recorded for the purpose of discussing Qlik Visual Analytics uses cases for lending institutions. There are three areas discussed:
- Pipeline Analytics - Approval ratios, Conversion ratios, Days to Fund, Prioritizations, etc
- New Business Volume - proforma profitability of newly funded business
- Portfolio Analytics - performance of a loan portfolio over time
The first demo is using data from a company called "The Lending Club" that is a P2P FinTech lender that has made its loan data publically available on this site:
The four .CSV files were downloaded and imported into Qlik Sense to develop the demo discussed in the video and the demo is attached to this post.
Things to look out for:
- 700K records analyzed; aggregations NOT pre-built but all calculated on the fly
- All metrics use weighted averaging based on loan amount (yield, credit score)
- Dynamic Compound Annual Growth Rate
- Natural language "Dynamic Variance Analysis" provided by Qlik Partner Narrative Science
- Trended Yield/Interest Rate for total portfolio held on chart to compare to Trended Yield/Interest Rate for selected portfolio. Achieved through a differentiator call "Set Analysis"
- Global Search across entire data set (for example, search on "60 months AZ 2014" for all 60 month term loans originated in Arizona, in 2014.
- Scatter diagram on second page provides some visibility into the pricing practices at the Lending Club.
Extensions needed for this application: