Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Webserver not responding

Hi,

Apologies if this is a very basic issue I'm having. I've trawled the discussion boards but can't quite find the info I'm looking for.

I have just migrated a Qlikview 11 instance from a Win 7 machine to Win Server 2012. Everything looks OK so far - I have connected to a remote DB, documents are reloading, I can use everything locally (via RDC) fine.

The only thing I've failed to do is get remote QVWS access via a web session. I've tried this from a browser on the local server itself to exclude any firewall blocking remote connection issues but the page just times out.

I wasn't the admin of the original setup on the old machine so I don't know if there were any 'specials' that need doing to open up ports or anything?

The QVWS status reports running OK on the QMC.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tom

Labels (1)
16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

Are there any other services running on port 80, such as IIS or another web server, which might be causing a conflict with QVWS? Also check to make sure that the QVWS Access Point Server Connection is pointing to the correct QVS server.

Cheers,

Adam

Not applicable
Author

Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I’ve been doing a bit more investigation.

1. Having looked at the firewall settings on the old server, I figured out that QV AccessPoint was being allowed through

2. I located QV AccessPoint on the new machine - however it is just a shortcut in Start Menu that doesn’t actually point anywhere (perhaps the install went awry, but I’m not sure when)

3. So, I went back to the QV installer and noticed that Distribution Service was not installed (I thought maybe AccessPoint was part of this), but the install hangs up for a while before this failing with a rather nasty looking:

I might be barking up the totally wrong tree here with the Distibution Service thing (I’m not even sure what is it or whether I need it!)

I presume I need to locate the QV AccessPoint application and get it allowed through the firewall, but where is it? (or where should it be?)

Thanks,

Tom

p.s. no IIS on this server

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

Have you migrated hardware or upgraded the OS on the same original hardware ?

Are you running the appropriate version of QlikView which supports windows 2012? Are you able to share the exact version of QlikView that's installed?

Thanks Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

-> It is new hardware

-> Yes I am using the QV Win2012 installer (11.20 SR4 12129)

-> I migrated the config and cal.pgo files across (I muddled through as per the Migration doc from your site, even though this doesn’t go into any Win2012 specifics)

-> I’m running with temporary 1 week licenses on the new server which were supplied by my account contact, so the old server is still running a live system ok whilst I verify the new one

Tom

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

There´s a specific version to Windows 2012, please use it

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever,

Perhaps you missed my previous reply to Steve - I am using the specific Win2012 installer.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately it looks like your reply is not visible ?

Thanks Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

Not sure what happened there - I just replied to the mail. Anyway my answer was 'yes I did use the proper Win2012 installer'

Tom

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Did you change the hardware when the OS upgrade was performed?

Thanks Steve