Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Sheet Object Properties

I've seen several examples of setting sheet object properties using macros.  The only problem is I don't know where to find a list of the properties of the objects.  The QlikVIew API guide only shows the GetProperties member.  Where can I find out what these properties actually are?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you have the same api guide qvw file that I have then you can find the information on the Automation Members tab. First select Sheet in the QV Object listbox. Then click on the ISheetProperties item in the Select Class from Parameter/Property Type listbox. You can then see the list of properties in the table All members + Parameters.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi John.

Could you write what do you want to set (sheet and objects)?

Is not possible with triggers?

Alessandro Furtado

furtado@farolbi.com.br
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you have the same api guide qvw file that I have then you can find the information on the Automation Members tab. First select Sheet in the QV Object listbox. Then click on the ISheetProperties item in the Select Class from Parameter/Property Type listbox. You can then see the list of properties in the table All members + Parameters.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

On the Automation Members tab I select Straight Table from the QV Object list box then I select GetProperties from the Member list box.  Where are the properties for the GetProperties member listed?

Not applicable
Author

Specifically I'm trying to turn off and on the Preserve Scroll Position on a Straight Table using a trigger and code but am also interested in knowing how to find all of the properties for any/all controls.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert!  While looking through the properties, I didn't see anything related to preserving scrolling on Straight Tables.  Do you know if this property exists and if so, where I can find it?

Not applicable
Author

I have written a program to get Text field from a qlik view chart from an application and copy it to word document. Suppose the text field has name Alex. It copies the word successfully Alex to word. Now i want to save Alex(Text field in string) How to do that?

case 6: //text

QVObject.GetSheet().Activate();

ReportControl.QVApp.WaitForIdle();

if (objectName == "TX01")

{

Console.WriteLine("I have found my fullname again");

// copy text field in global object tamp_val ----> error here
  tamp_val
= QVObject.CopyTextToClipboard();

Console.WriteLine(" this is my object type" + tamp_val);

// QVObject.CopyTextToClipboard();

}