cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section access using the users in active directory

Hi

i'm having a situation where in i have some users configured for logon in active directory, i want to use that for data reduction in my qlikview file. i have created a section access information in user section of server.

the question is how do i configure it to use logon crdentials, or do i have to enter them manually as in the below  figure.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you just want to use Windows SSO as authentication method, omit the USERID and PASSWORD columns. If you want to mix USERID/PASSWORD logins with SSO access, put an asterisk in the USERID & PASSWORD fields for every user that has to be able to log in via SSO. Those users will need an NTNAME entry for sure.

BTW don't forget to create a Section Access; area in your load script that performs a LOAD of the data from your specific QMC table. There is no automatically applicable security with data reduction in QlikView.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you just want to use Windows SSO as authentication method, omit the USERID and PASSWORD columns. If you want to mix USERID/PASSWORD logins with SSO access, put an asterisk in the USERID & PASSWORD fields for every user that has to be able to log in via SSO. Those users will need an NTNAME entry for sure.

BTW don't forget to create a Section Access; area in your load script that performs a LOAD of the data from your specific QMC table. There is no automatically applicable security with data reduction in QlikView.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter

I really appreciate that

Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter,

Is it possible for you to provide a sample file that has the solution? Have been struggling with this for a while.